Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on these topics, but I couldn't find something to answer my question. Maybe it's just because my question is too noobish.

Anyway, I'm running Win32 1.6. I'm trying to play Xenogears, but I'm having trouble getting the game to go full screen. When I first loaded the ISO, it was full screen and it was fine and all, but now, no matter how I fiddle with the settings, it won't go full screen. My video plug in is Peops 1.17. Is there just some box I need to check to let it go full screen? Right now, I have it set to 1024x768 Full Screen Mode, but what happens is it'll load up and then the actual game will only appear as a small box in the upper left corner of the screen and the rest of the window is black.

My other question is about saving. Is there a certain way to set up my memory card? When I started to play the game, I got to the first save point and when I tried to play the game, it said the save failed.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Do you have stretching set to 1:1? I tried that and the video showed up as a somewhat small box in the middle of the screen. If so, try the scale to window size or stretch to window settings.

Memory cards should work out of the box. Check the memcards folder to see if there's two .mcr files in there with read-only permissions turned off. Once you do that, go to Config->Memory Card in ePSXe to make sure the emulator is pointing to the files.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I got the full screen working, but the saving still doesn't work. I checked the files themselves and yeah, read only is off and after configuring the memcards from the GUI, they're pointed toward two .mcr files.

One more question, when I play, is the GUI supposed to disappear? The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering how, when I get to a certain point in the game, I'm going to change discs without the gui on my screen.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Press Escape and the GUI will come back up. You can then change discs or close the emulator. If the saves still aren't working, try changing the name of the files through ePSXe so it creates entirely new memcard files.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.