Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when Im playing Epsxe, the game suddenly gets minimized, as if I had pushed alt+tab, but I didnt. And it doesnt only happen with epxse, it happens with most of my emus, like NeorageX, Nebula, Kawaks, and others. Someone once told me to download the latest drivers for my vid card (GeForce2mx), but that didnt work.
Have any of you ever expeirenced anything like this? If so, do you know what causes it, or how to fix it? Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Try to disable the screensaver and the "sleep mode" of your comp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I dont have a screen saver running. And isnt sleep mode when the comp shuts down after a certain amount of time? If so, my computer does that after 3 hours of being idle, so I dont think thats it.

The thing that annoys me the most is, that when the games get minimized, alot of the times, when I click on them in the task bar to maximize them,the shut close! Argh, I hope I can resolve this soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
What are the programs running in the background?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa, thanks for the info takwu, I never knew about that (Win+D). But I dont touch the keyboard at all while playing. And my pad (MS Sidewinder) only has six buttons, each of which are all assigned. And the problem isnt persistent. It happens maybe, twice a day.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
if you find Win+D exciting, try Win+E... heck, try the whole keyboard :)

the sidewinder gamepad (original one) should have 10 buttons, if you count the triggers, start, and M button.

did you assign them natively in the epsxe gamepad setup? make sure you don't assign the buttons to the keys via the external software...

because if you press {alt, space, n} in that order, you will minimize the current window too (yes even in epsxe, i just tried that).

similarly {alt, space, c} closes it! (if you do that, epsxe command line window reminds, just press ctrl-c in it to close it properly)

as a general rule, always use the game's native joystick support if available. if you must map gamepad to keys to play a game, try to avoid the alt key.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

You just keep amazing me Takwu. ::tired Win+EVERYTHING:: hehe

My sidewinder only had six buttons, no M or start button. Its the usb kind.

And I always map out the buttons thru the emu, like I do with all my emus. This prob is driving me nuts. :mad:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
oh, the "plug n play" gamepad, with the translucent casing, right?
yeah that one has 4 face buttons + 2 triggers only.

well, i guess i'm out of ideas for your problem... lets hope someone else on this board can help :eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by takwu
oh, the "plug n play" gamepad, with the translucent casing, right?
yeah that one has 4 face buttons + 2 triggers only.

well, i guess i'm out of ideas for your problem... lets hope someone else on this board can help :eek:
About this gamepad,my sister has one and we can't even get it to work,I've tried everything and I got no results.
Can someone tell me how to get it to work cause my sister keeps asking me again and again to make it work

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hmmm, maybe we can work something out...you solve my problem, and Ill solve yours...LOL.

I just plugged mine in, went to Gaming options in the control panel. And it either shows up in controller Id, or you have to add it. Just pick from the description that fits it (six button, microsoft sidewinder). And yeah, its the same one I got, plug and play.

So....anyone got any ideas for my full screen prob?:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts