Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wanted to know if you guys knew why when pressing escape while playing in full screen it would take time show the ePSXe window, when i was in win98 it would show the window in less than one second after pressing escape but now in WinXP when i press escape while in full screen mode to go back to the window it takes a while to show the window any ideas why? I am using the same configuration when i was in win98, and both my desktop and the pluggin are using 16bit colors, i thought that would be a problem because ePSXe seemed to be doing some kind of a process to go back to the window.
These are my GPU settings

Plugin: Pete's Soft Driver 1.1.54
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 100

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I think it basically depends on what resolution you are playing the game and the type of caching set in my pete's d3d plugin.But since you are using soft plugin it could be something else as well.
Anyway i think that if you do it once it becomes faster from next time onwards.Right Na?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed to drivers from detonator 21.83 to 22.80 and it seems to be alot better when switching, i still can't run in 800x600 weird....when i try 800x600 windowed it works but when at full screen the screen stays black but i can hear the game running because of the music. Weird huh....

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by A-C
I changed to drivers from detonator 21.83 to 22.80 and it seems to be alot better when switching, i still can't run in 800x600 weird....when i try 800x600 windowed it works but when at full screen the screen stays black but i can hear the game running because of the music. Weird huh....
Try to use epsxe cutor.Sometimes it solves this as well as hanging problem when your desktop resolution as well as screen resolutions are same.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
It's not so much XP as it is the current crop of drivers...new os = a little time for hardware makers to iron out bugs in drivers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts