Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
>.<
Finally killed my Athlon 2000 good and dead.

was dismantling it to do a cooler swap (the volcano 11 on my 3000+ fan mounting holes were messed so i was switching the volcano 11 on the 2000+ out and replacing it with a zalman flower.

Anyway, the frickin thing powered on while the HS was off and i heard the all too familiar zap of dead cpu.

...i had a Duron 1300 to drop in as a replacement....
im just glad im getting rid of that machine after i back up the dataz on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
>.<
Finally killed my Athlon 2000 good and dead.

was dismantling it to do a cooler swap (the volcano 11 on my 3000+ fan mounting holes were messed so i was switching the volcano 11 on the 2000+ out and replacing it with a zalman flower.

Anyway, the frickin thing powered on while the HS was off and i heard the all too familiar zap of dead cpu.

...i had a Duron 1300 to drop in as a replacement....
im just glad im getting rid of that machine after i back up the dataz on it.
Im sorry for your lost I think your processor was trying to get back at for leaving it in the dark

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3+ years of emulation.

it lived a good life.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
3+ years of emulation.

it lived a good life.
Not really, it's been working at utmost performance all its life while the GPU was kept entertained with pr0n. CPUs have the ****tiest jobs.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
..How did it get power?

You did remember to pull out the plug from the wall socket, and from the PSU, right? :p
Pros like Squall eat electricity for breakfast.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lulz.
I rarely ever unplug them. This unit though..... 5 or 6 bulging capacitors around the ATX socket, with 4 of them leaking.

my 3000+'s mainboard has 2 bulging caps above the agp slot (so if anyone has a spare nforce2 or AMD based k7 board they want to get rid of :p)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
lulz.
I rarely ever unplug them. This unit though..... 5 or 6 bulging capacitors around the ATX socket, with 4 of them leaking.

my 3000+'s mainboard has 2 bulging caps above the agp slot (so if anyone has a spare nforce2 or AMD based k7 board they want to get rid of :p)
If my sister would hurry up and fork over the cash for me to build her a new system, I might be able to help. My old board is an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with an Athlon XP 2800+ and a Thermaltake Volcano IIc (Copper Edition).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Its that very mainboard i am after a replacement for.

tbh, i might just ebay off the 5900XT + Athlon 3000+, the 1.5GB's of good DDR i have and replace it with some cheap K10 parts.

why do you need a replacement motherboard if you just killed the cpu for it?
read fail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.