·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This game is so much fun.:lol:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
What's so fun about it? How does it compare to games like Grid, Test Drive Unlimited, NFS and Dirt? :)

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Well the fact that the former 3 you mentioned have nothing remotely similar to off-road racing might be a good place to start :p

Anyway, I've never played an off-road/rally game. Maybe I'll give this one a shot soon.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Fine, how does it compare to Sega Rally then? :p

Does it have any environmental deformation? That would definitely be a must for me, I've grown a bit tired of normal racing games I think. Even Grid didn't interest me for longer than a night...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
sega rally is **** in comparison (wait..... sega rally is **** anyway)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Piss off, Sega Rally Revo was the last racer to have truly entertained me: Pure racing, beautiful clean graphics and deformable terrain. I simply won't spend money for an off road racer where mud feel like brown tarmac and my tracks leave no impact. With all the current day technology, it's the first innovation racegames have seen since they made the switch to 3d.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
:p which sega rally are we talking though ;) i was thinking sega rally win95 xD

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Nah, Sega Rally Revo, the latest one that was released for the current generation consoles and PC. I'm no huge fan of the old ones either. I have Sega Rally 2 on DC, but it's plagued by slowdown, bloody Windows CE port...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Piss off, Sega Rally Revo was the last racer to have truly entertained me: Pure racing, beautiful clean graphics and deformable terrain. I simply won't spend money for an off road racer where mud feel like brown tarmac and my tracks leave no impact. With all the current day technology, it's the first innovation racegames have seen since they made the switch to 3d.
I love it as well but unfortunately the cars feel like empty cardboard shells, perhaps mainly due to the horrible default controls it has.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yeah that's true, the steering was a bit odd, and not really realistic. After getting used to it I accepted it and enjoyed the game a lot, but indeed, it had its flaws.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This game is much more a counterpart of motorstorm, but on pc (althought this game exists on 360 and ps3 as well).
If you see it under this perspective the whole game makes sense and its highly enjoyable imho.
A good game if you love motorstorm and dont have a ps3/psp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.