Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded Pete's OpenGL 1.75 driver and I was using Lord Kane's website to set it up for Chrono Cross. To quote, "If you have FSAA on, set Framebuffer textures to 0, set Framebuffer access to 4." I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything for FSAA... Where the heck is it at and for that matter, what does it stand for and what does it do?

Trigg

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
FSAA = Full Screen (scene?) Anti Aliasing. it's an option that you set in your graphics card's drivers. to put it simply, it smooths the edges of polygons and gets rid of jaggies.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Keep in mind though that any AA will severly slow down your game if you don'T have a good video card. I believe pete's newer plugins have some built in shader that allow for FSAA but they require a sufficient video card and can make the game go very slow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 9800 Pro and had been using Pete's OpenGL2 with the shaders but didn't know it was similar. I wantedn to see if the 1.75 w/ FSAA looked better but from what I've seen so far OpenGL2 looks best on my vid card.

Thanks for the info,
Trigg

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
OGL2 looks better to me, because i can use Very High X and Y. you can only use VHY so maybe the jaggies will get to you, then you'll want OGL to use AA. however, OGL2 also has a very nice fullscreen filter and shaders (like you said) so you might wnat to go to with that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts