Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
No,1.56 are available.
Also,FSAA requires a lot of memory bandwith,that's why everything slows down,if I were you I'd try to play at the higher rsolution possible without FSAA and with filtering set on 6(as it is already as I can see).
My card can do FSAA but I think it looks much better in 1280x1024 without FSAA.
That may be true for 3d stuff.. But 2d at that resolution is quite pixelated.. Which is probably what he wants to fix by enabling FSAA.. Sadly he doesn't realize that 640x480 is the best resolution for 2d backgrounds in FF8.. And FSAA with a 640x480 resolution should not slow down his games that much.. My voodoo 5 can do it at full speed..

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by lordphatsac
correct me if i'm wrong, but FSAA won't do a damn thing for his 2d backgrounds for 2 reasons:
a)he's running in a window
b)they're prerendered.

hmm i might be wrong on both counts, after lookng for myself :)
but 4x absolutely kills my geforce DDR :p
i need an upgrade
Your right about one thing.. If he is running in windowed mode.. FSAA wont work.. He has to play in full screen 640x480.. Unless someone here has been able to enable FSAA in a windowed mode.. I haven't.. It is always disabled in windowed mode programs.. But is enabled in Full screen mode.. It's faster in Full screen anyways...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.