Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever. I'm trying to figure out why and I never actually put much thought into it because it was always a minor setback but now it really is bothering me.

I've got the plug in the right place, everything seems fine but no matter what, it never recognizes anything that's put into it. It's really sad.

GA-P35-DS3L

my board if any of you are interested in researching this problem. I'm off to google.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the lead going from the case to the motherboard? Or the audio jacks on your device to the jacks on the front?
The lead, and the audio jacks. It's just never ever worked. I'm going to see if I can find some kind of documentation for my case and my motherboard on just what exactly each pin is to see if it's a connector problem with the pin layout.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe you have it put on backward on the motherboard, or on the wrong pins? It's a possibility, no?
There's always a nopin slot that is covered so it's impossible to put it in backwards.

Might be a driver issue, I checked the manuals, they're identical. I'll check it out tomorrow, I'm sleepy.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,479 Posts
Usually the motherboard jack can only be inserted in one direction, but the case jack can usually be inserted either way. :/

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,479 Posts
Drivers are all new... my headphones give me a little static when I try to connect them but give me no sound.
So the sound jacks have electrical power, but don't output any sound. Hmm....

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The Pinout is incorrect. there are 2 standards for the front audio pinout now

Intel HDA and AC97, wire swapping is required to convert a front audio panel

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm feeling generous today, so i did your research for you.

• The front panel audio header supports HD audio by default. If your chassis provides an
AC'97 front panel audio module, refer to the instructions on how to activate AC'97 functioninality
via the audio software in Chapter 5, "Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio."
• When using an AC'97 front panel audio module, you can use either the front or the back
panel audio connectors, but not both at the same time.
• Some chassis provide a front panel audio module that has separated connectors on each
wire instead of a single plug. For information about connecting the front panel audio
module that has different wire assignments, please contact the chassis manufacturer.

Further on.......

C. Configuring AC'97 Audio:
If you want to connect an AC'97 front panel audio
module, click the tool icon on the Audio I/O tab On
the Global Connector Settings box, select the Disable
front panel jack detection check box. Click
OK to activiate the AC'97 functionality.
When using an AC'97 front panel audio module, you can only have audio signals present on
either the front or the back panel audio connections, but not both at the same time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hope this helps

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thats if hes using the Realtek manager, and not the gigabyte one.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Erm...I thought I saw in another thread that you have a sound card? If so that would account for why front audio won't work as you mostly likely turned the mobo sound off as it conflicts with and overrides your sound card otherwise.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Erm...I thought I saw in another thread that you have a sound card? If so that would account for why front audio won't work as you mostly likely turned the mobo sound off as it conflicts with and overrides your sound card otherwise.
My sound card is completely bunked, it's broken. The only purpose it serves right now is to fill a slot; all I get is static out of it. Even if it did work. It doesn't have any area on it where you can plug in front panel audio because it's so cheap. It costed me 15 bucks at wal-mart and you know what? I got what I paid for. Thank you, creative.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yes the sound card does not have a spot for front-audio (an unfortunate loss on the part of most if not all sound cards), however when you used the sound card you most likely turned your onboard audio off as otherwise the two conflict...so...have you checked that you onboard audio is enabled again?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts