Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
It looks too blurry IMO, I'd rather use no shader and enabled texture filtering instead.
Sprites are ugly with your shader :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That really does not look bad at all :)

The FF tactics screenshot at Pete's forums gives a good impression as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The smoothing may be a bit high as you said. I've been messing with the smoothing and sharpness variables to see if I could reduce it a bit but retain a non-pixelated look.

Here's what I've got with significantly less smoothing but a high sharpness value. Original smoothing value was .30 these shader on shots are a value of .05. Sharpness value retained at .50.

(Lower Smoothing-Grid)
(No Shader-Grid)

(Lower Smoothing-3D Combat)
(No Shader-3D Combat)

And that's Hoshigami not FFT in the shader thread. They look almost the same though. :)

I'm really happy with these settings I think. It retains a lot, almost all, of the detail and removes almost all of the pixelation.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Yeah. but no, I still think standard smoothing looks better. It doesn't smooth the textures as well as your shader does, but it doesn't ***** up the sprites

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(Spoilers)

Here's some general (CG + 1 In-Game) shots of the MIDAS explosion and Emma's car chase. Lightly photoshopped for clarity and taken with the above shader in effect in an attempt to reduce graininess.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
That's cause FMVs are made with motion smoothing, it interpolates each frame with the previous one so it doesn't feel like a slideshow ;)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Thx, I'm surprised someone actually cared about what I said :p

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Yeah, I know that, but usually, ppl don't really pay attention to anything I say, even when it's interesting... that's why I was surprised :>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.