Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee, I love these. On the Emma storyline, after I beat the dam mission, I have a choice of two paths. One path does not seem to work at all (it says now loading, and never goes). The other path works fine for the first mission, then gets an opcode error after the intermission following it. I used both ISOs and my CDs. Any suggestions?

BTW, I got opcode errors in 1.6.0, 1.5.2, and PSXeven crashed at this point.

Also, I got the Opcode error at the end of Star Ocean 2 as well.

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: RADEON 9600 SERIES

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Maybe your cd is scratched. Can you test it on a real psx?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a PSX at the moment (reason I'm using the emulator). Can you tell me what exactly causes an Opcode error? Maybe I can fiddle around with the settings.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
have you been using save states?
i'm currently playing the game, without any problems. you could attempt a different plugin (i use Pete's D3D plugin, though) or change some settings on your current one.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
StellarKnight said:
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a PSX at the moment (reason I'm using the emulator). Can you tell me what exactly causes an Opcode error? Maybe I can fiddle around with the settings.
a LOT of things. either a disc read error, gfx plugin glitch, save state glitch, emulator glitch, or just plain magic (random reasons i guess). try not using save states, try a different emulator, try a different gfx plugin temporarily, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I'll try not using save states (I got a save right before the dam). I've been using Pete's plugin for every game, so I don't think that's the problem. Maybe its a bad ISO/disc is bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same problem in the exact same location. Used multiple plugins and I even tried PCSX, no dice.

Path A sticks at loading, Path B crashes on both EPSXE and PCSX.

It might be a bad ISO but this is the ISO that's floating around in all the usual places; if it's a bad ISO it's a widely distributed bad ISO. However, since it's pretty far in the game and apparently only on one of the two paths, I guess not that many people have found the problem yet.

I haven't used save states even once so far.

Here is my memory card. If you think you have a good copy of front mission 3, and you could test it out, I'd be very grateful.

If you select the Bai Ku Dam save and choose path A it should stick at loading soon after.

If you select the Yingko save and continue it should crash with an opcode 34 error before the next mission.

If anyone manages to get past either of these problems, let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You might want to take a look at the [rules]rules[/rules] before you post again. NGEmu doesn't support piracy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
n_w95482 said:
You might want to take a look at the [rules]rules[/rules] before you post again. NGEmu doesn't support piracy.
I read the rules.

NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.
I assume you are talking about the fact that I attached a zipped copy of my memory card save. I assume this because you edited it out. So that must be the violation you are talking about.

These rules do not mention that the memory card file (which contains the saves) would be considered illegal software. It's a 128k file containing saved data generated by the emulator. (epsxe004.mcr) That's hardly the same as a ROM, ISO or BIOS image which contains copyrighted material. Uploading a ROM is like uploading warez. Uploading this memory card file is like uploading your saved games; in fact that is why I did it. Certainly the point was not to share 128k of copyrighted playstation data, heh.

If uploading a small saved game file is considered piracy then your rules do not make that clear and it is not intuitive. So, I do not understand what violation I have committed.

Could you please clarify for future reference: do you consider saved game memory card files to be illegal? If so, why? I have never heard of uploading saved games as illegal.

Very confused on this one.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>I assume you are talking about the fact that I attached a zipped copy of my memory card save. I assume this because you edited it out. So that must be the violation you are talking about.

Nope, he was referring to this:
It might be a bad ISO but this is the ISO that's floating around in all the usual places; if it's a bad ISO it's a widely distributed bad ISO. However, since it's pretty far in the game and apparently only on one of the two paths, I guess not that many people have found the problem yet.
Try buying the game.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
ok, it's time to close this thread. arguing about warez is pointless, especially due to the "no tolerance" stance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.