Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought a Creative Sound blaster 24 bit PCI card. plugged it in. Computer booted up as normal and sound is great. The only problem is that the front audio ports on my computer have stopped working (mic and headphones) this is very annoying since my headphone cable is not long enough to reach all the way round to the back of the computer.
Any ideas on how to get this working would be great.
I checked the creative site but without sucess.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i dont think its possible since ur creative card doesnt have the front panel connectors. thats the one and only reason im still using my onboard sound instead of using an audigy 2.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
Didn't know that the front audio only worked with onboard.... that kinda sucks....

Anyway thanks again.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
little knipper said:
I brought a Creative Sound blaster 24 bit PCI card. plugged it in. Computer booted up as normal and sound is great. The only problem is that the front audio ports on my computer have stopped working (mic and headphones) this is very annoying since my headphone cable is not long enough to reach all the way round to the back of the computer.
Any ideas on how to get this working would be great.
I checked the creative site but without sucess.
buy a ext. for ur headphone , radio shack should sell them. one of the ends on them is a plug, that u plug ur headphone or speakers into then the other end goes into the line out of ur sound card.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts