Next Generation Emulation banner

Would you give up your friends for the one you love.

• Yes, because he/she is the most important person.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No, he/she will have to deal with my friends.

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Dunno....

Votes: 5 20.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many people would give up their friends for the one they love.For me, my wife is the most important person in all the world, and the way I look at it she is all I need so I would give up my friends for her if she were uncomfortable with them.But, with me and my wife that has never been the issue because I trust her and I know she would do the right thing. Ok, the main reason I ask this question is becuse of my brother. Here lately his wife has been hanging around with her friends and leaving him by himself with their baby, and would not come home until 2 or 3 in the morning. The bad thing about it one of the friends that has been hanging with her is her old boyfriend and my brother asked her to quit being around him, but she said that she would not give up her friends for him, also she has been cheating on him also. Sorry to get off track, but would you give up your friends for the one you love.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That one person has to accept certain ppl in my life and can't expect me to give up the best friends I have.

If she doesn't accept my best friends (who can be female), she isn't worth my love.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I agree with Cid on most situations. I wouldn't give up my (few) friends if my GF asked for it - unless they had actually done something against her, that is...

But I do have a few caveats about ex-BFs (or GFs). You know, when your GF starts hanging around too much with one of her ex-BFs, chances are that you'll be cheated by her (specially if your relationship goes through a bad phase).

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
I am 101% with Cid
I would never give up on my friends becouse of my GF, i believe that friendship is more important than love.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Boltzmann said:
I agree with Cid on most situations. I wouldn't give up my (few) friends if my GF asked for it - unless they had actually done something against her, that is...

But I do have a few caveats about ex-BFs (or GFs). You know, when your GF starts hanging around too much with one of her ex-BFs, chances are that you'll be cheated by her (specially if your relationship goes through a bad phase).
That last part sounds familiar :rolleyes:

·
Nu...
472 Posts
I would never give up my friends. Your situation is different however, since the 'friend' is cheating upon your relative. That is not a good kind of friend.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
That last part sounds familiar :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure it happened to many people. Fortunately not with myself, but some friends had this problem...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hey, I did it once. I was actually propositioned "if you ever talk to her again, we are through." Though, would I do it again? Probably not...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Boltzmann said:
I'm pretty sure it happened to many people. Fortunately not with myself, but some friends had this problem...
Well I'm in control of a relationship of a couple in which I really like the girl, and the feeling definately comes from both sides. And they are having big time problems, which are too big to keep the relationship in a good health.

She even admitted that she won't hold back her feelings towards me when we'll see each other (tonight :D)

So I think I'm going to be the reason for the break up. Well it's for the good :)

I'm the only one that can help the girl with her depression, she admits it, her parents know it, her best gf told her as well :p So seeing she has problems with her bf, and seeing he can't help her but only brings her down even more. I won't have mercy for him :evil:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, let me say this in another way if that friend was your ex. and your wife girlfriend had suspicions that you were cheating even though you weren't would you tell them bye to keep the your wife or girlfriend from thinking you were cheating.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
No, cause my wife/gf should have to trust me.... If not... what's the relationship worth if you can't trust each other?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would deffinently saty with my friends. If I had a GF, she must learn to respect them, not like them, but atleast respect and never ask me who come in first place.
If my GF said this, then she is equal to crap in my eyes.(Woooah, flashback)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you let your wife go alone with all of her exes by herself? Don't get me wrong I trust my wife more than I do myself...really it's the others that I couldn't trust.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well it speaks for itself that you talk about it, and about the things that might happen, but you trust each other, and even if you don't trust that other, you shoud give them both a chance, seeing an ex doesn't mean they have sex.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
It is very difficult to live with somebody you don't trust and it's definetly not healty for a couple relationship, that is why i like to estabilish a healty and friendly relationship with a girl before everything else.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
In my eyes the odds that it will be over with your girlfriend in some time is big,while your best friends (normally)should always be there ,so I see that choice quite simple...

As for Cid: thou art a lucky basterd :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Carnage said:
In my eyes the odds that it will be over with your girlfriend in some time is big,while your best friends (normally)should always be there ,so I see that choice quite simple...

As for Cid: thou art a lucky basterd :p
Hehe, she just broke up ;)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Let the force be with you :thumb:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
And you're letting the love thread unknown of this??? :p

Nah,its great news for you,and Ive got a feeling you can be sure about this one,I wish you all the luck :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts