Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's up with this "friends" system here? I have a few requests and only one "friend" but so far I don't see what the difference is between my friends and non-friends.

hmm, how am I gonna decide who is my friend and who isn't...? :evil:

Any thoughts on this?

· ...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
So what's up with this "friends" system here? I have a few requests and only one "friend" but so far I don't see what the difference is between my friends and non-friends.

hmm, how am I gonna decide who is my friend and who isn't...? :evil:

Any thoughts on this?
The more friends you have, the more... friends you have! Yeah, I have no idea.

· ...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
I don't have favourites because if I favourite somebody, everybody wants to be my friend, and I'm not quite ready for a fanclub.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Dammit Exodus that's as far as I got with it too.

So I guess you get the "honor" of a friendship then :p

you can disable PM's and only take messages from people you like :p

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have favourites because if I favourite somebody, everybody wants to be my friend, and I'm not quite ready for a fanclub.
I'm willing to take the chance with that sort of exclusivity. I like a lot of people around here but not everyone can be a "friend" :lol:

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
The Friend feature, at it's core, is the same as it was before (though I think it was called the buddy and ignore lists then). It adds a plus next to their name for better recognition and keeping track of them (if you can't manually do this...), and since the 3.7 version, when vBulletin went all social networking on profile, it adds them to your profile page. That's about it. You can also disable messages from everyone but those on your friends list like Squall-Leonhart says, but it has no real special use otherwise.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
WAIT!!. this list is for "Friend " as in:

# a person you know well and regard with affection and trust; "he was my best friend at the university"
# ally: an associate who provides cooperation or assistance; "he's a good ally in fight"
# acquaintance: a person with whom you are acquainted; "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"; "we are friends of the family"
# supporter: a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
# a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)

damn i being using this list for other things, O' by the way a week ago MJ, Billy Mays and Farrah Fawcet where on my "Friend" list.......Not any more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.