Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
OLD NEWS!!!!:p

This was already posted here back in early summer...

Its just stupid though, now all the old people with unsecured W-LANs are going to suffer...:lol: And that's all its going to do...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Its better than being fined for hundreds of thousands dollars for a 5 meg.mp3 file.
Apart from not being able to participate in social activities, higher education and life in general. I don't know about them, but here it's becoming a rarity being able to fill in your tax forms without internet, just like banking.

Compare it to speeding with your car. Get caught speeding and suddenly you're not even allowed to be seen on the streets again, even if you're walking. The punishment is out of proportions and doesn't tackle the issue in the first place.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Compare it to speeding with your car. Get caught speeding and suddenly you're not even allowed to be seen on the streets again, even if you're walking. The punishment is out of proportions and doesn't tackle the issue in the first place.
Since when do politicians do anything worthwhile?
Most of them do not have the technological knowledge to actually speak up about this issue, really.

Many laws are just stupid - like this one here in Norway - it's illegal to purchase sex, yet it's totally legal to sell sex.
...wut

A lot of people (me included) would much rather use a cheap, legal and good service on the Internet rather than pirating.
At the moment it seems that most services meet only 1 of those criteria.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
So....who's gonna stop me from raping my neighbor's WiFi? Or going to a cafe? Or accessing it from my friends/relative's place?

I bet the ISPs don't even care about it and just continue giving the person internet connectivity.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
*entombs his connection behind a proxy*......the news has fail written all over it.Music industry isnt losing much from piracy,its like if pirated versions weren't there i wouldn't have get that thing kinda thing....they can double their profit by selling music cheaply....

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
France surrenders to the music and film industries - The Inquirer

In France, if you are caught spreading/sharing an illegal file 3 times, you will legally lose your internet privileges for a whole year.

A.k.a. no free pr0n for a whole year. ;p
Makes sense from their point of view. They let you download, but not upload. Essentially killing off the main source of media sharing... Torrents.

I doubt they're going to go through every user, let alone every user using a specific proxy. Its the fear of being unlucky that will be the driving force behind something like this.

In the end its bad for your average joe, but good for the industry.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I hope that this doesn't arrive in Spain... :S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.