Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a way to freeze frames, like freeze a frame then progress by one, then another until the mode is left. Like in emulators like ZSNES and VisualBoyAdvance.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
I am pretty unsure of what are you referring...ePSXe has a bulit-in snapshot taker which you can take stills and pictures.

EDIT: OK, NOW I GET IT.
I don't think that is possible in ePSXe or any other emulators...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What I mean is. While during play of a game one could freeze the emulation, thus freezing the screen long enough to take a screenshot, then the user would then have the ability to progress to next frame or end the freeze altogether and resume normal speed.

Edit: But I suppose ePSXe does not have that sort of feature... or at least yet.

Edit: Yes, it's been done quite a few times before on other emulators. It's also known as "Pause Emulation". If you mean PSX, I wouldn't know. I'm not too trusting when it comes to other PSX emus... well... other than ePSXe that is :lol: .

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
IIRC you can do that in ePSXe 1.5.2, well you can freeze the emulation i dont know if you can do it frame by frame. something inside me wnats to say it's the Alt key...

btw, you can just limit your FPS to 1 :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah ALT and 1FPS works. Too bad if I hit alt again in attempt to do the ALT+Prt scr trick it will unfreeze. Still it works well enough, for sombody that if fast to hit ALT before that frame goes by.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
fireblaster_lyz said:
I haven't tried that myself :D
Do that by pressing DELETE and enabling/disabling frame-limiter on the fly...
Hmm... didn't know you can disable frame limit on the fly >< Stuck playing games with no limit :( The frame limit key for me is END, DELETE just turns the FPS display on and off.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
yes, that's the way it works. It's just easier to do with the menu visible ;)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
KyuubiDarkfox said:
Yeah ALT and 1FPS works. Too bad if I hit alt again in attempt to do the ALT+Prt scr trick it will unfreeze. Still it works well enough, for sombody that if fast to hit ALT before that frame goes by.
just use a program like FRAPS to take the screenshots then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts