Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.estarland.com/SegaDreamcast.cat.HW.product.16746.html

Quick! Buy it Before someone notices the pricing mistake ;). I attached a picture of it as well.

Edit: Here's another one: http://www.estarland.com/SegaDreamcast.cat.HW.product.16728.html

Edit (again): LMAO!!!! I sucessfully placed an order for both DCs. I choose to pay by check/money order so they can't fix it and bill me for the full price without me knowing. Total price: $15 S&H. I attached a screen shot of the order with my personal information edited out. I'm keeping an unedited one for my records ;). I will post updates as this situation unfolds...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaiser Sigma said:
I'd be careful... if the company notices they can correct the price of the order...
That's why I said I'm pay by check/money order. That way they can't get any money out of me I don't send them. Plus I saved multiple screensots and HTML versions of the pages in question, so if they change it then I have proof of what it was when I made the order.

D.D. said:
i once ordered 5 Geforce 6800 GTs for $150 each. next day they said they cancelled all the orders :D
I'm guessing something like that will probobly happen. Still, I'm not going to give up on this without getting something out of them ;).

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Further checking of the site... I don't believe this is a mistake, I think it's how they mark the items without stock.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Still, it's not the only item that the sites feature with a price of 0 bucks... sorry but I doubt it is a mistake from their part.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's more likely a general problem with their site script is causing random $0.00 prices to appear. Nothing I saw during the order process indicated to me that the items weren't in stock, or that they would require additional payment for me to actually recieve them.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I hait to burst your bubble but On the Sega Dreamcast K Sugiura Edition one, at the bottem of the description, it says:

Only one Available. Please contact us for current price.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Same for the sonic one... Imported from Europe(PAL) and not compatible with US games. Please contact us for current price.

Read more closely next time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeez, you guys are really going out of your way to burst my bubble, aren't you. Still, it's strange that they would let me get through the order process completely without quoting any price other than the S&H. Hopefully I can still weasle a $20 gift certicicate or something out of them for false advertising. TBH, that was all I was hoping for in the first place. I knew I didn't actually have a chance in hell of getting the Dreamcasts. I'll try contacting someone there about it, and see what I can do ;). Worst case scenario, I can just not send them the money for S&H and they'll probobly cancel it on their own.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah, you even don't have to be artist, just know how to use a spray, or change leeds ..I can see that other dreamcast for 0.00 $ :evil:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the downside to owning a DC like that is that if you actually open and use it, you lose about half the value :p.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Custom models with a really low amount production... some people are willing to pay that much for it... I'd should I have the money...
It's nice to brag, but other than that it wouldn't have any value since this particular one doesn't come with any extra's, no authographs or something. The only difference is the paintjob and I don't think it's worth that amount of money.

And what's so nice about the low production of that particular series? It's all the same hardware and runs the same games.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I doubt anyone will buy a custom Dreamcast for experimental purposes (considering the fact that the cheapest model is worth 299 bucks and goes up to 1700)...

Cid Highwind said:
It's nice to brag, but other than that it wouldn't have any value since this particular one doesn't come with any extra's, no authographs or something. The only difference is the paintjob and I don't think it's worth that amount of money.
It's a matter of collectors... if you aren't one you would not understand... let me make myself clear... I've bought the Limited Editions of Sakura Taisen 1 to 4. Then I bought the Memorial Pack editions of Sakura Taisen 1 to 3 (4 was never released as a MP) which are exactly the same game with a different packaging... in February of next year I'm going to buy Sakura Taisen Complete Box which includes Sakura Taisen 1 to 4 on a special ornate binder worth 200 bucks...

The same happens with console systems, it can not be explained with words... it is a bloody passion...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
I doubt anyone will buy a custom Dreamcast for experimental purposes (considering the fact that the cheapest model is worth 299 bucks and goes up to 1700)...

It's a matter of collectors... if you aren't one you would not understand... let me make myself clear... I've bought the Limited Editions of Sakura Taisen 1 to 4. Then I bought the Memorial Pack editions of Sakura Taisen 1 to 3 (4 was never released as a MP) which are exactly the same game with a different packaging... in February of next year I'm going to buy Sakura Taisen Complete Box which includes Sakura Taisen 1 to 4 on a special ornate binder worth 200 bucks...

The same happens with console systems, it can not be explained with words... it is a bloody passion...
Well I can understand it to a certain extend, I just can't understand paying $2000 for a console, while there are other special ones which look better IMHO.
Otherwise, I'd love to drool while looking at your collection once :heh:

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Game collecting makes sense... the worst you mentioned is only $200 :lol:
But $2000 for a console? oO

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Sure, but do the maths... the LE of each ST game ranges from 50 USDs to 70 USDs, at an average of 55 bucks each game that makes a total of 220 bucks for the four LE games.

Now, each Memorial Pack edition ranges from 35 to 45, at an average price of 40 per each game that makes a total of 120 (ST IV didn't have a MP release).

Finally, add the future buy of the Complete Box which is worth 200 USDs... that makes a total of 540 USDs for 3 different packages of the very same game... and that is without adding the shipping fees... as you can see, it is as crazy as paying 1700 USDs for a system (the ones listed in that site at 2k are way too expensive... I've seen many sites carrying them for 1700 USDs). ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts