Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anywhere to get really free stuff for your cell phone
Ive got a new color cell that supports polys and junk and I cant seem to find any free ones

thanx

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
I have a Nokia phone.

You need the following items:

1) Midi files
2) Data cable (Price range from $30 to $100)
3) Ringtone Converter Sofware
4) MobiMB brower

Step 1:

Choose a midi file.

Step 2:

With the Ringtone Converter you might have to strip some of the channels in the midi file in order to play on the phone.

Step 3:

Using the data cable and MobiMB, transfer the midi file to your cell phone. With MobiMB you can transfer images as well.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
A good way to find out is to read the privacy policy of the site. Most of the time when going to a site you skip it, but when sites give you things like ringtones for free, it's better to read it to make sure they're not doing anything with your number or that they're going to send adds.

Edit: I clicked on one of the tunes (the Simpsons' theme ;)) And if you click on the name, you are given the keys for the composer which is on your phone :)
This is the safest way, and cheapest ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got a LG 4015 or 41015
I forget
its fairly basic I suppose

Yeah it doesnt support a link cable booo
So what I get I have to download in wap
I have att does that cost anyhting or does anyone know

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
I have an LG6070 its a nice phone for what I use it for, but my provider (Telus Mobility) its a naz! with these things. Ive tried so many times to get my own ringtones/graphics onto it but no matter what I do it wont let me. They want $100 for the data cable which IMO is ridiculous. Their games range from 4-9 dollars which is still expensive imo, and the phone itself didnt even come with any games!

I found a software called snapsync which is supposed to help me on my quest, but I still need the cable -_- If anyone can help me out on the software/info, please pm me :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have the same questions with a Sony Ericsson T610 phone here. No adapters came with the phone and the PC doesn't have infrared.

·
Registered
833 Posts
http://www.datapilot.com/index.htm is website where provides software and 7 cables for these models: (LG#1,LG#2, Motorola, Samsung, Sanyo, Nokia, Sonyo, Nokia, Sony Ericsson). The whole package is like $79.95 . But if you have promo codes that are provided in most PC magazines you get 20% off. Much cheaper than any other package and it lets you change ringtones, pics, and whole bunch other things.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Reichfuher said:
They want $100 for the data cable which IMO is ridiculous. Their games range from 4-9 dollars which is still expensive imo, and the phone itself didnt even come with any games!
Yes, the official data cables are insanely expensive.

I believe the official Nokia data cable cost $100 for me as well.

But you have to look for the third party data cables which cost a lot less. I paid $30 for mine. A $70 in savings.

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
hmm...so you can buy a data cable to put ringtones/wallpapers on your phone? I'm gonna have to see if I can get one for my phone (Nokia 3595)....the ringtones on that phone mostly suck and I'd like to put in a new wallpaper since mine only has one decent one. It's an absolute ripoff to download the stuff onto your phone (15 cents per KB thats just rediculous) so this data cable could be my only option (if i can find one for cheap).

·
Registered
70 Posts
As Kazuya wrote, check if your phone supports Bluetooth or Infrared -- you can get an adapter for your PC pretty cheaply these days and it'll be less than paying 15c/K for sure!

You can then upload all sorts of stuff to your phone from the PC quickly and easily.

Also, if your phone can receive EMail, and it's not too expensive, you may be able to simply EMail yourself the files.

Rand.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Ok I don't mind different ringtone's if your say in the mall or such. But like if I'm on the bus and suddenly I hear blazing beethoven's 5th, well let's just say that dosen't float my boat. Please people keep your ringtones to something normal when your in an enclosed public area! Otherwise for free ones I suggest trying emule.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts