Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so R.J. from PJ64 Forums linked me to this crasy thing that litterally guesses what your thinking. At first I hought I knew how it worked, but then I realized that there was no system I could think of as you do not type anything in:

http://www.regiftable.com/regiftingrobinpopup.html

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
When you answer, the yet-to-be determined char you were thinking of gets these answers associated with him (it only proceeds after you finish the test and indicate who was the chara you were thinking of, then that one gets all your answers associated with him. Generally the answers are averaged after a reasonable threshold, to limit erroneous answers from people who didnt answer honestly. The existence of only a limited number of answers allows it to be reasonably proof.

The concept is the same for all these types of sites, some just mask it in original ways, for maximum differentiation and sensationalism. the copncept itself isnt recent, only online data retention of people's answers and continuous filtering gives it this impact.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There deffinitely were only limited answers. But it has more than one, and so far it doesn't seem like coincidence that it guessed my outcome everytime without fail.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
funny its always wrong with me.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
This thing works by having the same answer on all the possible spots you will end up to. In sort, 50-5 (45) will have the same answer as 37-3-7 (27), as 12-1-2 (9), as 24-2-4 (18). Spots 45, 27, 9 and 18 have the same predetermined answer (as well as all the other spots you will end "choosing" up by any number you'll think).

No it's not. You're the one doing the calculation it asks wrong. :p

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts
To elaborate on PsyMan's explanation:

When you take any two-digit number and subtract the digits from that number, the result will always be a multiple of 9. If you look at the "gift table," you'll see that 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81 (the only possible answers) always have the same gift, which means that Robin will always guess the correct gift.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
No it's not. You're the one doing the calculation it asks wrong. :p
51 - 2 = 49 49 -5=44 right?

if so i win and it looses MUHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.!

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts
Now that I think about it, I believe that holds true for any number greater than 9.

EDIT @ zidine: ...It's 51 - 5 - 1 = 45. You're doing it wrong. >_>

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Now that I think about it, I believe that holds true for any number greater than 9.

EDIT @ zidine: ...It's 51 - 5 - 1 = 45. You're doing it wrong. >_>
oh SNAP, thought you were supposed to minus 2 then five due to the example. heh i shoud really read things first.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The constant stream of question's actual purpose is not to find your own answer, but to make sure the answer youll certify as the correct one gets found thanks to the answers you gave earlier (the more questions you answer, the more accurate the guessing system becomes).
That is not how this works though, there are no answer inputs. Have ou even tried it?

If you dont add the number right that you chose (and keep in mind that the system has no way of deffinitely knowing that im aware of) then it'll "guess" wrong.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's odd :) Oh well, we have better things to worry about now don't we? :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.