Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, and I must say that the information found here has been very useful in helping me set up EPSXE to play Final Fantasy 9. I'm not much of a Playstation gamer, but I have been a fan of Final Fantasy since Christmas of 1990, when I first played the game for the NES. I was patiently waiting for FF9 to be released on the PC, but since that doesn't seem likely now, I trusted everyone's claims of it working on ESPXE and went out and bought FF9 so I could play it on this emulator. I have absolutely no problems with playing the game. So, I do not have a question about getting the game working correctly, but a question about frame rate.

I have seen the following numbers going around on the board:

60 fps - NTSC
50 fps - PAL

Is this the frame rate at which the Playstation system runs its games? Or is this the "preferred" frame rate of EPSXE users? I'd like to know, since I would like to run the game at the "normal" frame rate. I am currently playing the NTSC version of FF9 at 75 fps, by the way.

Thanks in advance.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
You should take a look at this thread. Maybe it'll help to answer some of your questions. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
> You should take a look at this thread. Maybe it'll help to answer some of your questions.

Sorry, as soon as I posted this thread, I saw that other thread which explained everyting. :)

Thanks for the help guys, I really aprreciate it. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts