Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well I'm not downloading it till I get more info. The site doesn't really explain it at all. They just say its a demo and show some pictures, but what is it a demo of?

·
Registered
251 Posts
that thing is not a 3dmark
it's just a 3d demo made by a french company
great even though the size is small
if you want i can attach screenshots here

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
not bad, though the text that was floating around almost EVERYTHING made it look bad, but all in all not bad.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
In one word:
IMPRESSIVE!!!!
How the hell can they make all this fit in only 63.5kb????:eek:

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
64K?! Gorgeous!! :eek: really taking advantage of what DX8 has to offer! You should see this sucker with FSAA!

Originally posted by Asz
not bad, though the text that was floating around almost EVERYTHING made it look bad, but all in all not bad.
I think it was there to illustrate the use of textures. And I thought it was a good effect for the demo. Is it part of a real game yet?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm not sure why everybody is so sceptic 'bout this one...

I already checked this one 'bout 6 months ago, and guys, think about it. It's a 3D demo. It has lots of cool self-made textures. It has kickass background music. It lasts for over 2 minutes. They end with some text 'n credits 'to fill up some space'. And the scariest thing of all: it's 64 kb.

I don't really think "nice" is the good word for it. I agree with Raziel: it's IMPRESSIVE, actually it's more than that. It's looks great, it sounds great, and it's smaller than the average DOS game. Compare that with all those bulky 3D games out there (not to forget 3DMark, with an extra 15MB like every year), and see why I don't understand people could say "it's nice.". Sure, a lot is possible these days, but 64k? Man.

The site actually offers all the information you need, including what it took to make such an excellent demo fit in 64k. They made it for some demo compo, where all demos had an average of 500k, several even over 1MB. They got 64k, and I awed when I saw the demo, and every second it lasted, it became more impressive: "it STILL continues?! How the hell did that fit?!" Then when it reached the "let's just fill up this space with some text now, we STILL got too much space", I almost fell off my chair :)

·
2,412 Posts
Well put! I wonder how much space a real-time rendering would take? 128K? ;) I dunno too much about the ratios of pre-rendered to real-time. It is very awesome. 1.9 MB to 64KB . . . can't stop thinking about it! :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Originally posted by EfrainMan
...It is very awesome. 1.9 MB to 64KB . . . can't stop thinking about it! :D
until now i still thinking about it too :confused:

especially about (correct me if i'm wrong) 1.9 GB compressed to

64 KB with 30000 : 1 ratio

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
680 Posts
this is (maybe) not a game - it's a DEMOSCENE.

Made by Sceners - programmers with great talent and make 3d scene with so so so small size of executable files. Most of these scene used for company profiles, in - game property, product presentations, demos, or maybe just showing up skills.

I have about 10 scene demo in my harddisk. And they all sized less than 80kb.

go here and you can find many more of this DEMOSCENE from many talented artist around the world.
ORANGE JUICE

·
2,412 Posts
That's right, Gigabytes! (just looked at it again, showed it to my awed sister) Ohhhhhh . . .:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
324 Posts
404: I'm not sure who you were replying to, but you're right, you can't compare a demo to a game without keeping in mind they're not exactly the same. Orange juice is a pretty cool place though, I used to check scene.org as well since it also covered the trackers scene, more or less... anyone know what happened to that site?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
scene.org down for a while (maybe, i read from news on

related sites)

btw i found some great demos, if you want i can attach 'em here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts