Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FPSE's website was just updated, version10 will support FinalFantasy 9 PAL version. Now only if they could fix the MDECs.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Looks like Italian PAL version on the FPSe page, I doubt the UK PAL will work though... (But if it does... Wahay!!!!)

Mmm... on the other hand, maybe the UK PAL one will work since the Italian version was previously unplayable (and there was no patch for Italian version at www.megagames.com). I dunno... (It don't matter anymore, I bought the NTSC version too.)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, it doesn't affect me none either. it's just a shame that they *never* posted any pictures of the FFIX's MDEC's...currently they don't work at all under 9.0. (maybe I'm doing something wrong?)

C

·
0 Posts
*sigh*

More crap from the king of hype, !+Mr.Fog+!.

LDChen figured out LibCrypt 4, great achievement. Still doesn't offset the loads of problems FPSE has, though. Claiming your emulator is the best, especially when the current release shows the opposite of that statement, on your own homepage is not only selfish, but moronic.

You don't see ZSNES.com with ginormous text saying it's the best SNES emulator, even though the brunt of the emulation community agrees that it is. It's the fans that decide, not the authors, frontmen, or contributers.

The position of the 'best' is always best held by a humble team. Certainly FPSE is not this team, at all. You can't get respect by bragging about your achievements. FPSE's team could produce a 'perfect' emulator tomorrow, but it still wouldn't change the fact that !+Mr.Fog+! and the like are complete idiots.

I eagerly await a uninformed reply from many individuals. :/

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Since i m agreeing w/ u....
I don t say that sort of things here....
Remember what the Bleem boards rules are saying?
Well i guess it s the same here.......
(...)

Even if i now know what has occured w/ epsxe team and fpse one.....

Do U want to start a war here w/ plenty of FPSE fans ??
I don t want to...

Have a nice day...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Perhaps !+MrFog+! did not want to say that FPSE is the best emulator but that FPSE has the best compatibility.... Have you read the message on the site? There's no need of patch or hack to run FF9 PAL on FPSE.... this is TRUE (and high) compatibility... You need yo use patch or hack for playing FF9 PAL (and other games) on other emus. TRUE emulation = no tricks. FPSE doesn't use tricks..... :)

C

·
0 Posts
It seems that you didn't read my post.

I said emulating the form of LibCrypt that FFIX PAL uses was a great achievement, but it certainly was no means for certain semi-large messages on the FPSE homepage. And, by the way, emulating LC4 has nil to to with the total amount of compatible games, there are quite a lot of games other emulators can run that FPSE can't..

Thanks for living up to the expectations I stated in the last line of my post, though.

Rargh-
I wasn't demeaning the FPSE team very much, I was just stating the obvious troubles with their actions and statements. If they and their fans choose to respond childishly, so be it.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
Do U want to start a war here w/ plenty of FPSE fans ??
I don t want to...
FPSE fans? Where? I didn't see any fan of this emu so far!
And FPSE will never be the best PSX emu for the only reason that MrFog is in charge of it.Does he even work on it? I have the feeling that lu_zero did almost everything.lu_zero should be working on another emu rather than FPSE,cause he's great,but FPSE doesn't deserve his talent.

Death to FPSE(I'm just telling what I think).

·
Registered
19 Posts
actually mr fog doesn't work on it at all, and is not in charge of fpse. He is only the webmaster. Neither is lu_zero a coder, he has only made a port(although he is by far the most helpful and not a PRICK like the rest of the team). LDChen is the main(and only) coder of the main version i believe, although I'm sure he knows perfectly well what mr fog is doing, so he has no excuses for this pointless vanity that has occured so many times.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
WOOPS,you're right I meant LDChen,sorry.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah you're right Rargh,everyone with me,let's flame FPSE:D .

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
The ePSXe continues being the best :) the new version (1.4.0) is a clear example of this, :D it will be very difficult that the FPSë reaches the level of the ePSXe, :( I hope the new version of the FPSë, fix the multiple problems that has the version 0. 09 :mad:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I hope MrFog will disappear.

C

·
0 Posts
liquid: I was about to post my thoughts on the situation anyway, no need to blame yourself.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel

FPSE fans? Where? I didn't see any fan of this emu so far!
And FPSE will never be the best PSX emu for the only reason that MrFog is in charge of it.Does he even work on it? I have the feeling that lu_zero did almost everything.lu_zero should be working on another emu rather than FPSE,cause he's great,but FPSE doesn't deserve his talent.

Death to FPSE(I'm just telling what I think).
I worth nothing I'm just a betatester and a porter nothing more...

LDChen is the one and FPSE is HIS product...

1 - 20 of 116 Posts