Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Directly from fpsece message board two interesting post of LDChen Fpse main programmer with a link to some screenshot!!!

Hello,
After some days of work (and some words... dry.gif), I was able to do the first version of a new port of FPSE!
It's derived from FPSEce and now it works.
There isn't ISO file support, so I just tested the bios and some demos.
It looks like that GP32 uses a different pixel than PocketPCs.
I hope to fix it easily...

Sincerely,

LDChen

PS: unfortunately the PalmOS version has still empty plugins... I hope to do this task too one day.

Link:
http://www.pdai.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1764&view=findpost&p=15462

And a big update!!!

Ok!!!
I did some fixes.
* fixed the icon palette.
* Fixed pixel format.
* I fixed some bugs in the file I/O routines.
* Added some switch for removing unused code at compile time for GP32 (every byte of free ram is precious!).
* Added a basic ISO plugin.

"Yeah! It's true gold!!!"
Before telling you this sentence, I must say that these screenshots wanted an entire afternoon!
I don't think I can live enought for testing something else...
However, Ridge Racer is the only game I could put into the SMC file because it's very small, as many of you know.

Well well, I wanted to decide something:
* you will use another program for configuring the options. Sorry, but FPSE needs all available ram.

* I also wanted to add controls, because they are "dummy" for now. For using less space, I think it would be better to make them hardcoded, and I explain the reason.
By looking a photo of a GP32, I can see a directional pad with other six buttons.
I was thinking to assign a button as "alternative function".
For example, let's think that L button is the alternate function activator.
When it's pressed, A and B may work as triangle and square buttons.
So, when it's released, A and B will work as cross and circle.
This is an idea I got. But if somebody think to know a better system, I will be glad to read here his suggestions.

* It seems that the GpFileOpen() doesn't accept the file names in Unix format. It wants the dos '\\' separator only. Is it true?

Here there is a little present too, for GP32 coders.
I'm thinking that fread() and fwrite() functions were bugged.
I attached here my version.
If the GpFileOpen() function doesn't want the Unix format, we can add a small piece of code into fopen() for converting the '\\' to '/', right?

This is the end of the first coding done for the GP32.
Now I will continue again my WMMX and XScale engines for a while...

Sincerely,

LDChen

Follow the link for scrrenshot

http://www.pdai.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1764&view=findpost&p=15726

Soon some news on fpsce 0.093 Bye Ponzetti

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
That's unlikely, as being not open source, the same coders should have to do all the ports :p .

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah I know, but... it's realy pitty that it's only developed for pc win & linux don't you think? :) maybe the could let another team/coders convert it to othere platforms ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Maybe, but that's really up to them. In the meantime, though, you can still enjoy the great work of all the coders developing emulators such as fpse ;) .

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea, I would love to see more competition for PPC platforms. :) But like I-Chan said, that would be up to the developers.

This port for the GP32 is looking great.

I could only hope that a playstation emulator could be ported to the PSP or something in the future :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts