Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm..guys...since the release of FPSE 0.09, seems that many people are interested in it...What I wanna ask u guys is...What impression that show up after you try this great emu comparing with two other excellent emu, VGS and ePSXe

Too bad, on my system, the performance of this emu isn't very good...so, I don't know the "REAL" performance of FPSE .09 maybe in next release, they should lower the minimum requirement of FPSE (I think that 486 processor can run FPSE as stated in readme.txt, is not true...How can my 333 can't run it well then... hehe :D)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
Hate to admit it but it is quite fast.

Config has way too many "traps" causing ppl to crash, or, less obviously, decreased performance. But once you get it right, it runs pretty smooth.

Now, smooth doesn't mean playable: there are bugs of course. And some games would not be playable because of these bugs.

That's why we have all these oppositions: some people got their favourite games running very well, some cant even launch FPSE, some think it's WAY slow.

Overall I think it's up there with AdriPSX. Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
Yep, there seems to be a huge difference of opinion based on the system configuration. Basically the better the better (erm...does that make sense?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
i think the fpse team deserve credit when it's due. despite me being very sceptical at first about the emu, it has proven to be a big surprise for me.

even the mix up for the reds and blue ain't too bad, considering it has gotten me to replay several mdecs just to watch the curious effect. try chrono cross and you'll understand what i mean.

whoop arse speed for a 0.9 release. with certain games, it even gives better speed compared to epsxe. must be due to the fact that it was supposedly developed on a 486. looking forward to more from the team. if you are reading this Ld_chen, pls get an English message board!!! :) been getting myself all confused and stuff.

all in all, they deserve my respect whether the accusations fly in the past or not. they came and they produced, on time no less. to that i say cheers to and hope for better days to come.

my $0.02
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sunstorm
whoop arse speed for a 0.9 release.
1. It's version # is 0.09
2. Version # has nothing to do with quality, someone could write a near-perfect emu and release it as 0.000001, or 9.2, it makes no difference.
3. It's not faster than ePSXe, and nowhere near as fast as AdriPSX..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
says who???

i tried
- 24H Le Mans: FPSE faster;
- Mission Impossible: figure out urself;ePSXe imcompat
- Chrono Cross: faster;
- F1 2000: try it in ePSXe it won't run

i'm not saying it's faster in all games but in some...


(and don't be predictable enumerating faster games in ePSXe cos i know it's speed)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
takwu, you said smooth, right? can you send me your configuration please? coz on my latest try, not even 'bad' can't describe my troubles on fpse....

CDBurnOut: It's not faster than ePSXe, and nowhere near as fast as AdriPSX..

That's what I felt too, But, I'm afraid if I say that, LdChen and the other author will be offended...(DON'T! Okay?) :)
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I tried ~20 games so far, including Chrono Cross and only a few have been as fast as ePSXe, none faster.

I'm running a 1.2GHz Athlon Thunderbird with a GeForce 2 Ultra, if you're curious.

There's no need to mention what games don't run on ePSXe when doing a speed comparison, but if you must play that game, I can list quite a few games FPSE doesn't run that ePSXe does ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Originally posted by cdburnout
There's no need to mention what games don't run on ePSXe when doing a speed comparison, but if you must play that game, I can list quite a few games FPSE doesn't run that ePSXe does
so compare both lists and see in which side are the best games???
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Also, there's no need to pester LDChen by thinking he would be offended at stating your results with FPSE...

I'm trying to make this forum semi-neutral with FPSE stuff, but it's hard, especially when those pro-fpse say such things that need replying..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
i'm not a pro-fpse!!!

i'm a pro-emulation!!!

but i can't stand quiet, seeing so many people flaming a more or less good emulator!! any emulator!!

i love too ePSXe and AdriPSX, but FPSE isn't that bad!!

i don't have any probs configuring it! i think, for my personal experience it's easier to config as it's all in the same window!!

i don't know how so many people as so many problems w/ it, seeing it runs good in my system!!

Celeron 500MHZ
96MB RAM PC100
Riva TNT2 Vanta PCI 32MB
CMI Sound Board

it's a crappy system but i run some games faster than in ePSXe!!
i don't know why!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7
Pete's D3D Driver 1.50
TSG MSCDEX Driver 1.2

sys spec in my profile, not high end at all

Now I haven't gotten any game that I'd rather play on FPSE yet, but a few are quite playable, e.g. Star Wars Jedi Power Battles. And others are unplayable, e.g. Gran Turismo with that GTE bug, which runs fairly well otherwise.

I said it compares with AdriPSX **overall**. Which means I haven't had better overall experience with AdriPSX. I also took into account that FPSE supposedly still has a few plugins on the way.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I never said FPSE was a poor emulator, and I'm against those who say that.

But those who are claiming it's the best, or better than others it's clearly not, or that it has no bugs whatsoever, I do oppose.

I'm also for those who agree that this release was hyped to the extreme...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
292 Posts
Originally posted by takwu
Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7
Pete's D3D Driver 1.50
TSG MSCDEX Driver 1.2

sys spec in my profile, not high end at all

Now I haven't gotten any game that I'd rather play on FPSE yet, but a few are quite playable, e.g. Star Wars Jedi Power Battles. And others are unplayable, e.g. Gran Turismo with that GTE bug, which runs fairly well otherwise.

I said it compares with AdriPSX **overall**. Which means I haven't had better overall experience with AdriPSX. I also took into account that FPSE supposedly still has a few plugins on the way.
look at the faq
use peteASPI or nativeASPI cd plugin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey hey guys...please do not fight between some emulators lovers okay...maybe FPSE lovers should admit some of good games are working too well on ePSXe and can't be replaced-able with any existing emulator and so does for ePSXe lovers...okay...

and for takwu, well well amazing remembering your configuration almost same as mine but my FPSE won't get any improvement now... anyway, thanks for the help...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm...As long as I know, www.psxemu.com is very vewwyy strict to illegal software distribution and I think this place will prohibit any of it and here, we should not (and MUST NOT) talk about that...;)
 

·
I'm in despair!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by beckham_m7u
hmm..guys...since the release of FPSE 0.09, seems that many people are interested in it...What I wanna ask u guys is...What impression that show up after you try this great emu comparing with two other excellent emu, VGS and ePSXe
FPSE is not bad, actually I'm using it as a backup for when ePSXe starts crashing at some game (like Star Ocean 2).

Overall, I think it's a great progress from 0.08. Now I can get most games to work, speed is decent, etc. The only major problem I find with it is that I can't make my gamepad work properly with it. :(

[]s Badaro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Well FPSE is ok.. :/ I was hoping that it would be a bit better. Compared to ePSXe it runs about 10 frames slower (45-50fps). As for compatibility I dunno, every time I try to use an ISO with Daemon Tools and FPSE, the game just doesn't start.... :/ (and 98% of my games are on ISOs)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
292 Posts
Re: Re: FPSE Impression...

Originally posted by Badaro


FPSE is not bad, actually I'm using it as a backup for when ePSXe starts crashing at some game (like Star Ocean 2).

Overall, I think it's a great progress from 0.08. Now I can get most games to work, speed is decent, etc. The only major problem I find with it is that I can't make my gamepad work properly with it. :(

[]s Badaro
I use the joyXdemo native plugin and directpad works as well my gravis exterminator pad...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
292 Posts
Originally posted by Asz
Well FPSE is ok.. :/ I was hoping that it would be a bit better. Compared to ePSXe it runs about 10 frames slower (45-50fps). As for compatibility I dunno, every time I try to use an ISO with Daemon Tools and FPSE, the game just doesn't start.... :/ (and 98% of my games are on ISOs)
I use daemon tools and pete aspi and works fine...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top