Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FPSE today is officially dead

the core won't have any public update for ages.

Enjoy that result, you deserve that GOOD NEWS

on the FPSE homepage there is the close message from LDChen

I'm/I's testing the Linux and the BeOS port I still wonder if someone wants it or not.

HAVE FUN and BE MERRY

:dead:

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
thats too bad man... I was really hoping for a new release so I could test it out.. It was gettin pretty good.. Not up to Par with epsxe mind you, but it was still good progress none the less... I always feel bad when an emu with so much potential gets discontinued..

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
yeah ... bad... i actually was crazy enuff to finish P.E.2 with it... graphics glitches and all, aside from that i had no complaints...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Bubsy
Just pulling your legs guys :D :D :D
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Is your attitude that make ppl quit.

still remeber that if you don´t find a patch many gamse won´t be playable on ePSxe....

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
As fanatic of the emulation of the PSX
I'd like to do something to make FPSë continue :confused:
I was making a report of the compatibility of the emulator (a lot of games) so that people understood that the emulator was good, not excellent, but good
I suppose that it is already useless :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that isn't so useless

Remeber that FPSE is a bit more modular than a psemupro emulator....

e.g. you can make an alternative mdec plugin as part of the gpu plugin...

and compat list I think that are now one of the few way to stay thank you to LDChen...

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
Originally posted by lu_zero
I think that isn't so useless

Remeber that FPSE is a bit more modular than a psemupro emulator....

e.g. you can make an alternative mdec plugin as part of the gpu plugin...

and compat list I think that are now one of the few way to stay thank you to LDChen...
That is good :), mainly if the mdec in the games is possible to fix them :cool:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Bad News !!!!!!!

:( :( Too bad.I was beggining to like this emu.

What can be done to make it survive?I think a lot of work was being done on new version.So it wont come out?

Hey guys please do something.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
aww...thats's too bad. :( i still haven't tried using FPSE, my comp's too underpowered. :emb:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by lu_zero

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Is your attitude that make ppl quit.

still remeber that if you don´t find a patch many gamse won´t be playable on ePSxe....
O believe me there are worster people that try to make people quit;)

By the way some patches work some don't on the emu.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That's awefull news...FPSE was a very good emulator, I'm soo disapointed that the Mdec's will never be fixed :(

I tried to use babel fish to translate his final message, but the translation was very difficult to compherhend.

please, Lu_zero, is possible you can translate what he said into english.

much appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Now, that's too bad....

you know, even if it's not the best emu, it's always a pity when the development on one stops.

There are quite a lot of emus that are being developed at a slow pace, but, if continued, they often come out on top in terms of quality.

S

·
0 Posts
oh, btw....lu_zero...the fact we don't agree that fpse is the best and most compatible emulator doesn't mean we think it's good news that it's discontinued. Of course that sucks.
It would also suck if pcsx discontinued, and that emu doesn't currently have the level epsxe or fpse has.

Me , being a MSX freak, I prefer certain MSX emulators and dont use the other ones...does that mean I want them to be discontinued? of course not.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by liquid
That's awefull news...FPSE was a very good emulator, I'm soo disapointed that the Mdec's will never be fixed :(

I tried to use babel fish to translate his final message, but the translation was very difficult to compherhend.

please, Lu_zero, is possible you can translate what he said into english.

much appreciated.
Ok I´ll try, I sure that isn´t the best translation, I´m sorry.
Maybe he´ll write something also in English

UNA MORTE DA TEMPO ANNUNCIATA (che poesia...)
A dead announced

Hi everybody.
I can´t say how many times I had rewritten the message I´m sending you.

Early I was thinking about leaving all silent, but isn´t good give false hopes to the ones that were waiting the next release

Now, for the joy of whom has everytime attacked in more or less explicit way (Because I want to remeber you, I am the author of 0.09 release), that is the latest news:

FPSE IS SUSPENDED AT INDETERMINATE TIME.

At least the developement of the main code (the one I write).

Is from the end of july that I did not work on that emulator and as you can understand, that is the reason of the lack of updates on this site

Anyway, time ago I sent a reply on the FPSE forum that the ones that pay more attention would feel not usual: in all my previous messages I always wrote something to make ppl sure about FPSE something like : "Be quiet, all is ok". I that occasion wasn´t, because I wanted to watch the developement in the scene and what were the real intentions of the users and then take the better decision.
Nowadays I have a better than ever sight about the way to follow to get our favourite programs/games working.

To be sincere I had understood it time ago, but for a series of circumstances I wasn´t completely sure if was good say "Goodbye".

Now there are something I´d like to point out:
1) If I´d add something to the core ti will be a private project.
2)The homepage will stay up as reference for the upcoming ports and other issues.
3)Don´t bother the rest of the team (this is an order).
they won´t give anything out.

Ok that´s all.

Take care

LDChen

.logoff

1 - 20 of 70 Posts