Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say that i love what this site does helping computer illiterate people run these sophisticated emulators they are awesome.. but i have a problem my epsx2 is running at around 30 fps while playing games....

SYSTEM specs:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
2 Gigs of Ram
GEforce 9800 GT graphics card...

graphics plugin gsdx 890 SSE2
Sound - SPU2-X sound
Linuz ISO CDVD to run the iso's

Official English PCSX2 configuration guide i used that guideline to set the configuration for the plugins but im still running extremly slow...

So is my computer not capable of running the emulator or am i using the wrong plugins... any help would be much apprectaited!!!! THANKS

·
Registered
202 Posts
The Pentium is ancient. That is the bottleneck right there. You might run a few 2D games at fullspeed with speedhacks but for 3D games I think you are out of luck. Although I have heard before people claiming to have run games like Kingdom Hearts or FFX near fullspeed on a Pentium.

What games are you trying to play?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Google around or look carefully at some of the other members' signatures for the latest PCSX2 beta SVN. It has additional speedhacks that you won't find in the official 0.9.6 release. 2 of these speedhacks can speed up games immensely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice so far... i am trying to play FFX btw... but really i guess you cant upgrade a processor (correct me if im wrong).... if thats the case then that is a bummer for sure....

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
You can upgrade a CPU, but it differs from case to case on the details of doing so (i.e, motherboard involved, chipset on the motherboard namely, the cost the user is willing to invest, etc,. etc,).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.