Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I know it will be some time before we cant expect real speeds for the emulator. (maybe a steady 30fps for most games in a few years) When you configure the plugins you have to select a CDDVD plugin and choose which drive you want to use. Does this have any impact on FPS? Running an iso seemed to load faster and the FPS seemed slightly higher( like .3 more :eyemove: so i dont know if its cause reading from hard drive is faster or what) If it does am i correct in guessing that its impact is little to nothing? If it does play some part though do you think in general that the potential FPS you could crank out of it has been harvested already? I know its alot of questions if anyone can answer a part of this Id be really grateful. thanks!

Holiday thanks to the developers and beta testers for their hard work.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
it doesnt really make much of a difference, only if there is ingame cd music reading off the game while it does everything else. so yes it would be very slightly faster on a hard drive, but its nothing worth bothering over until everything else is optimised

1 - 2 of 2 Posts