Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm playing FF IX and racing against Hippaul. He's pretty hard by now (lvl 74) and I lose to him everytime. I thought that if I lower my fps, it would be easier when I tap circle and square, but fps limit doesn't work.

I have Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 (ePSXe 1.7.0), I marked "Use FPS Limit" and "FPS Limit" and set it to 30.00 fps. No use. When I play FF IX, it displays fps and it's always about 59. How can I get it to work?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
1.7.0 has an internal FPS limiter (toggled with the F4 key) that works in sync with the audio when you are using the spu core plugin, having both limiters enabled at the same time can cause conflicts between the two limiiters so you need to disable one of them.

on a side note though, i remember having trouble with that same part awhile back. what i did was i mapped the square and circle buttons to the left and right movements of my analog stick, and i was able to smoke him by rapidly moving the stick left and right with my palm. i found it much easier than mapping them to a key or button and rapidly pressing them with my fingers, never had to mess with the frame rates either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So, when I load the game and press F4, the fps limiter goes off and then fps is like 120, but how can I get that other fps limiter on, when I have disabled that other one?

If this doesn't work, I'll guess I have to try that analog stick-thing :)

//Edit: I got it work in version 1.5.2 :D Still, thank you

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
id do the analog stick method, i was pulling my hair out for hours trying to win against him in the last 5 races via the standard way but when i used my analog stick i beat him with no problem. might hurt you palm a little but if you take a thin piece of cloth or something and put it over the stick it might not be as bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.