Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a tool to foward ports in WinXP?

I have 2 computers (this one and a laptop) and this one is sharring the net connection to the laptop, however i have a tool on the laptop that acts as a server and it needs some ports forward to it. However i dont know how to do that. Do i need to buy a router or is there a way to configure WinXP or a tool that allows me to do this?

Btw this machine has SP2 and the laptop has SP1 just in case if matters.

Thks in advance

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No im not. and thats the problem, with the router i could just set the ports and the PC IP and that would work. But how to do it when its windows thats sharring the connection?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metalmurphy said:
however i have a tool on the laptop that acts as a server and it needs some ports forward to it.

thats why :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Oh gods. Port Forwarding on Windows Firewall is a right *****.
Windows Firewall > Advanced > Network Connection Settings > Settings. You can add ports to forward from there. Individualy. You can't do a scope of ports.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hum, That will forward the ports to my laptop? Or just wont block the ports? Remeber i want to forward ports to my laptop that is connected to the internet by this machine.

Code:
 _________           INTERNET     _________
|         | ===================> |         |
|   PC    |                      |  LAPTOP |
|_________|                      |_________|
     ||                               ||
     | ===============================_|
     ||           CONECTIONS FOR THE PORTS I WANT
     ||
     || INTERNET
     ||
Too much free time ^^

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well why didn't you look at the settings page. It's blatently for port forwarding. I do know what port forwarding is, I did have to do it before when I was using a USB modem on my other PC.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i just thought that was something to configure what ports the firewall permits. I'll give it a try, thks for th info

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Sorry for being a little irate earlier, I thought you saying that I didnae know what I was talking about. Yes there is a seperate page for setting which ports are avaliable to the computer you are on, but that's elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts