Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been visiting these forums for more then a year now, and it has struck me that the blue background can be pretty boring at times. I was wondering if we could change the back color (or image) to reflect what season or holiday we are currently in? (This idea is not my own, it was relayed to me by a respected member in conjunction with others). It would bring a bit of variety to the daily habit of posting.

What are your thoughts?

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Complete background change would not be a very good Idea, but a change in the logo in accordance to event/holiday can be refreshing. Like having a snow effect around the emuforums logo for christmas and so on.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
The current background, IMHO, is the best I've seen on any forum so far. Black just seems too unfriendly, while white is plain dull. This bluish tint seems to give the forum a cosy and "homey" feeling.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I like the idea of seasonal change, but I think many of us appreciate the blue as well, which I think in all cases should stay the default, it's like a trademark. I'm not for an all out change, but some subtle changes that don't conflict with all the other things involved (stars, avatars/sigs etc) would be nice. I'm open to suggestions, I like Redlof's idea about the logo for instance. Having it animated according to the season would be nice.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I have my own ideas on what a secondary theme could look like....

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I love this background.
My only problem is with the ads color that are too hard to read against this background.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
when did you get yellow stars Silenus?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I'm open to seeing any changes as long as they are kept selectable in the theme options, and the colour scheme does not end up being akin to looking like Mardi Gras.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Bah, it's just a colour! But besides that, I haven't seen to many use the same colour scheme, so it's almost special. Don't they do selectable alternative theme offerings these days - that would be a better option.

when did you get yellow stars Silenus?
No idea, but that sounds more like a question to ask in a PM.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
i like this form's theme better than 95% of other forums.
although i wouldn't object to selectable themes.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I i didnt mean to change this background permanently. I meant just add some variety to it. I myself would love a black theme every once in a while

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I would hope people's interest goes deeper than a colour scheme, but it would help change things up for the sake of variety.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm seeing a Grey/Black design in my mind, which would use shiny effect to appear glassy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts