Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I start up ePSXe, and get to the main menu of whatever game I'm using, I press F4. To be sure that pressing F4 has had an effect on the ePSXe program, I hit my Windows button, and sure enough the DOS window now says "SIO irq enabled.". Great, so now all I have to do is the normal PSX functions involved with formatting/saving. So I format the memory card file, save my settings, play my game, save it, and hit F4 again. I hit the Windows key again to check my DOS window to confirm that the F4 stroke has registered, and it has ("SIO irq disabled.").

Now I exit to Windows, exit from ePSXe, and start ePSXe back up again. When I get to the main menu of the game, I hit F4. Then I proceed to the memory card to load my options, and the game tells me that the memory card is not formatted !?!? If this rings a bell with anybody I would certainly appreciate any input or advice. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have you tryed using the memory cards in ePSXecutor. I also had trouble using memory cards in ePSXe but never solved my problem but ePSXecutor works fine for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never tried ePSXecutor. I was so impressed with ePSXe that I never thought to try anything else. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The ePSXecutor is awesome all the different configs that u use for different games are saved and you get access with doubleclick of an icon. Best way to go!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm having trouble configuring ePSXecutor. I've created a profile for the game I want to play, and I've set most of the configuration settings (drivers, mem card, otions, etc.) except for some of the Configuration Options - I don't know what many of these options do --> "Enable MDEC XA"?) Whatever.

Anyway, when I double-click on the icon for my game profile, I get the following message in the DOS window: "EPSX: DEMO not found [FILES\EPSXE140\MEMCARDS\epsxe001.mcr]." What does this mean? I've formatted the memory cards, so I don't know what it refers to.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You can't use ePSXeCutor in a path containing space characters
(like "C:\Program Files\...")

Try to copy the complete epsxe (and epsxecutor) directory in
a path like "C:\emus\epsxe"

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
every option in epsxe executor should be enabled except for the cd rom options.. Those are for certain games only.. Pluggins have their own options.. Unzipp executor into the epsxe directory where the epsxe executable is.. Spu irq may or may not be needed depending on certain spu pluggins..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys. I'm now able to get past the DOS screen with the error message, and the emulator seems to be trying to start up (I'm hearing the Playstation boot-up sound), but then nothing happens - the boot-up sound just goes on indefinitely. Could it be that I've typed the pathname for the specific game incorrectly? (-loadbin c:\emus\ePSXe\games\gamename.bin)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts