Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
Ah... I'm not sure what you're asking. Either you're having trouble reformatting or you're asking if there is a version of linux or windows for PS2. Well here's both answers:

There is a version of linux available for the PS2.

When you get the disc for it, it will automatically format your HDD as part of the installaion process.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
get dms hdd ultility app for PS2, or put your hdd in your PC and get program like WinHIIP and use function format in it. that's if you want to format your HDD to store games on it.

Buy official linux kit for PS2, and it will make from your PS2 a PC (if that's your purpouse)... I haven't tried that yet :)

·
Honda Civic
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry I should explain, I am just plugging a maxtor drive into a modem/hdd conectoin i got off another ps2, thats why I was wonder how to formatt it. sound like there are a lot of neat oppoins for it though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm planning on putting the maxtor in my computer and running WINHIIP and seeing if I can format the drive and get it working :)

And until i can install a mod chip I plan on trying some sort of exploit to get the thing to boot? Anyways thanks for the replies.

Oh and i should clarify that i'm metalgear's friend, pretty cool site you guys have here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.