Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I accidentily found out that there's already a third installment in the Ford Racing series today, and one wonders why, as I do not have the impression that its such a successful series at all. I also noticed there was a demo. Well, why not try it...

After playing, I came to the following conclusion (as far as I know the game by playing the demo, that is):

if there's ever something that must define the "standard race game(tm)" , Ford Racing 3 is it.

It's not bad. no. that's not it. It does about everything right, in fact. It apparantly has a nice selection of cars and tracks. It has a nice, arcade style control, it has the speed boost button, a mandatory nowadays (even ridge racers on psp has it), it looks good enough, it runs fast, its smooth, and it's incredibly dull, because everything in it has been done before, countless times. And while it's good in everything, it excels in nothing.
It's nice that it exists though; if someone ever wonders about the basics of a racing game, I can point them to Ford Racing 3. That's how it's done. Now, add something really cool and unique in and it might actually be fun too ;)

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Yeah but when it hits the 'budget bin' it'll be a game to add for racing fans who want something 'different' ...
I have Gran Turismo 3, Ridge Racer 5, and Midnight Club Racing. I have Need for Speed Underground 2 and RR: Evolution for the Gamecube, what other racing games should I try?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
All i can say is, how to make a crappy game even worst! I bought Ford Racing 2 for the PS2 and altough i didnt play much my brother liked it alot, with the challanges and stuff. However ford racing 3.... oO. The gameplay (car control) is pretty much the same, not realistic but still ok, graphic improvment isnt very good, and what ruined the game the most is that they tried it to turn into a Burnout wanna be with the drift, airs bonus and that very very crappy turbo.

In other words... its sucks :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paratech said:
Yeah but when it hits the 'budget bin' it'll be a game to add for racing fans who want something 'different' ...
I have Gran Turismo 3, Ridge Racer 5, and Midnight Club Racing. I have Need for Speed Underground 2 and RR: Evolution for the Gamecube, what other racing games should I try?
the problem is , ford racing 3 is not different. it's everything you already played.
there's nothing to love or even hate about it. just plain dull.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I haven't played the LFS demo in a while but I'll try to buy S2 when it's released. I have the Ford Racing 3 demo downloaded but I haven't installed it yet :p. If I have some free time today, I'll try it out.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even though LFS doesnt have official licensed cars, the next version will have GT versions of many cars and also F1 :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts