Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed AdriPSX.. I noticed that most games which run on ePSXe like Tomb Raider3 also run on AdriPSX, and those which don't run on ePSXe don't run either on AdriPSX like Tomb Raider 1.

Are there games which don't run on ePSXe but run on AdriPSX? or are emulators compatibility dependent on the plugins used (since I'm using the same graphics plugin)?

·
Registered
171 Posts
in some way the plugins improve the compatibility, but not much!!
tomb raider1 works in epsxe, but u have to use the patch: before runing it go to cheats menu and load tomb raider1 patch.

and concerning the compatibility epsxe is much better than adripsx!!:D

S

·
0 Posts
adripsx is progressing very well though...yep, there might be games that work (better) on adripsx and not on epsxe but I don't know them (yet).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, actually, there are some few games that run fine on AdriPSX, and don't run on EPSXE (last release)... at least for what I have tested here...

- Legend of Legaia
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Legendary Battle
- Shadow Madness (have a PAD problem in AdriPSX)
- Tales of Destiny (it worked on previous EPSXE... )
- Psychometer Eigi II

And a few others.
In general, EPSXE has a higher compatibility than AdriPSX.

And other hand, you will notice that using the same plugins for both emus (I mean GPU, SPU and CDR plugins), in some games you get a very higher speed (because of new Recompiler)....
This difference is extremely noticeable on some games like GUNDAM BATTLE ASSAULT for example (I get 170 FPS on my old K2 with a Voodoo1).

See ya

Roor.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Roor
Well, actually, there are some few games that run fine on AdriPSX, and don't run on EPSXE (last release)... at least for what I have tested here...

- Legend of Legaia
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Legendary Battle
- Shadow Madness (have a PAD problem in AdriPSX)
- Tales of Destiny (it worked on previous EPSXE... )
- Psychometer Eigi II

And a few others.
In general, EPSXE has a higher compatibility than AdriPSX.

And other hand, you will notice that using the same plugins for both emus (I mean GPU, SPU and CDR plugins), in some games you get a very higher speed (because of new Recompiler)....
This difference is extremely noticeable on some games like GUNDAM BATTLE ASSAULT for example (I get 170 FPS on my old K2 with a Voodoo1).

See ya

Roor.

170fps with a voodoo1 ! ..that's fast!

S

·
0 Posts
Don't forget FF VII. It runs on Adripsx and the previous version of ePSXe but not on the current version. Two games that work perfectly on ePSXe but do not work, yet, on Adripsx, are PacMan World and Ms. PacMan-Maze Madness.
From the testing I've done, the two emulators copliment each other quite well:), with ePSXe running some more than Adripsx at this time.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Don't forget FF VII. It runs on Adripsx and the previous version of ePSXe but not on the current version. Two games that work perfectly on ePSXe but do not work, yet, on Adripsx, are PacMan World and Ms. PacMan-Maze Madness.
From the testing I've done, the two emulators copliment each other quite well:), with ePSXe running some more than Adripsx at this time.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
is pacman world any good? I know pacman adventures in time from pc and that's a very nice game IMO; is pacman world like that game or completely different?

S

·
0 Posts
PacMan World is excellent. It has some similarites to PacMan Adventures in Time(IHave it too, I think its great), but actually is quite different. I have some screenshots of it and I'll post them tonight. I originally posted them on the old boards. Look for them tonight.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
from what I saw from the shots (thanks again for posting them) it's kinda a 3D platformer, right?

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, a 3d platformer is a good way to describe it. Believe me, it is a blast to play.
Roor, Tales of Destiny does work in the current version ePSXe. You have enable accurate CD timing and force country setting to PAL. The only problem is that the text box is not cleared each time the characters are speaking. But you can still read what is being said and the game is very enjoyable.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
DBZ Legends, FFVII, ToD, and LoL run fine in ePSXe, and only two of those I listed do not/may not work in 1.2.0, but one works in 1.0.1, and the other seems fixed in future revisions ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts