Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that after battles, especially when people level up, after I click through all the stat increments, I have to wait a few seconds before returning to walking.

As fun as it is watching my characters dance to their victory, it there really supposed to be this lag, because it'd make levelling up more irritating =/

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Pretty sure there's not supposed to be any lag... could just be a graphical glitch, happens to me quite often - I haven't bothered to tweak my settings because I'm the type who plays windowed and doesn't care if they look all jagged. Just toggle framelimiting off where the game seems delayed. More of a kludge than a fix, but that's enough for me.

Try posting your gfx plugin specs, somebody may spot something that you can tweak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: MOBILITY RADEON X300 x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00012004]

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
it's because you're using a laptop, and your CD drive spins down during battle and after battle it has to spin up again. the solution is to make an ISO image of the CD and play off that.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
press delete to show FPS. is there an FPS dip when these lags happen?

also, make sure your laptop's power saving features are off and/or you are plugged in.

and turn off the FF9 fix and odd/even bit hack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nope, the game seems to run perfectly during this (as I mentioned, characters still dancing).

That's why I'm wondering if this is a part of the game itself.

Edit: On second thought, I think this isn't really a problem, as much as it is an irritation(that I have to wait a little for the battle to end). Are topics deletable?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well ive never played Lunar, you tell me. put it in your playstation and see if it lags. duh :p

i doubt it's part of the game. try defragging your hard drive or closing down background services. if you're maintaining rock solid FPS (not even a tiny 1 fps dip) then it's probably a file reading error.

anyway, topics are deletable, but we never do that. even spam topics are kept alive, just moved away ;) reason being is because it messes with post counts when you delete topics, and also, this thread, as embarassed or regretful you might be, could be very helpful to people in the future. creating a precedent is important here at emuforums ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.