Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you remember what party you assembled for *gasp* Final Fantasy, the original? On Ye Olde NES?

I had the cookie cutter group of Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, and Black Mage.

For bonus points, do you remember what you NAMED them?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

We will make you feel younger....We remember playing PONG on our Intellivision ;)

Hmmm...

Our first Final Fantasy party consisted of:
Fighter / Red Mage / Black Mage / White Mage

The next would be

Fighter / Blackbelt / Thief / White Mage

We are too old to remember names...:D

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
My favorite FF party was the fighter, two black belts, and a red mage. Those guys really blow away everything at the end. My first party was a fighter, a black belt, a white mage, and a black mage (unless you include the default party I accidentally made while trying to input names). I think I named the first group after some friends and me.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Ozmosis256
Do any of you remember what party you assembled for *gasp* Final Fantasy, the original? On Ye Olde NES?

I had the cookie cutter group of Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, and Black Mage.

For bonus points, do you remember what you NAMED them?
It's somewhere in the back of my head, but I think it's the same as Ryo's group. :D Jeez, thinking of this game makes me realize how far games have gone in terms of graphics. I mean, compare Rinoa to Terra. You can't even visualize Terra that well in your head. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was fairly inventive with my names:D
Fighter - "Blade"
B. Belt - "Fist"
W. Mage - "Flash"
B. Mage - "Poof"

. . . Gimme a break, I was like, six.

Besides, I cheated. I had pulled my old NES out about a week ago and rekindled my love for 8-bit games. They had to be very original with those 8-bits back then.

It also gives you a new appreciation of what we have today. Y'see, sonny, back then we didn't have flashy graphics or intricate storylines to keep our attention on RPGs. Why, we had to BUY our magic, dang-nabbit!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> You can't even visualize Terra that well in your head.

Sure you could. Heck, I spent a couple months pretending Rydia was real way back when. Don't ask. :p

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
> You can't even visualize Terra that well in your head.

Sure you could. Heck, I spent a couple months pretending Rydia was real way back when. Don't ask. :p
I won't...:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts