Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyways My friend is getting some slowdown when he plays with epsxe...I'm trying to help but i got a p3 933 mhz so I really have no experaince with this...he has a Celeron 400 mgz with 64 meg ram....video card unkown but he's using Pete's Soft Driver 1.54 so no bigge (it'll be at least a 4 meg something)...his cd-rom is 32x...so does anyone know if its possible to run Megaman X5 at about 55-60 fps using Pete's soft...also what would be the best cd-rom plugin to use and the best configaration....his OS is winME *cough* I know its shit...I had it *cough*

Any suggestions???

Would disabling sound speed up the game....the main reason he wants to use epsxe is becuz of its gfx filters which make it look better then VGS....he's a sprite ripper and needs some X sprites for his fan game....so any ideas???

· Registered
12,014 Posts
One way to speed it up would be to forget all about the CD and play it from ISO. With a PC like that, he'll need every bit of speed he can get. I'm not sure what good SPUs there are for the game because I don't have it, but if he does opt for no sound, make sure he not only disables sound in the game menus (if such an option is there), but that he also has the No Sound plugin selected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.