Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just check my other hard disk last night to watch some anime over my PC but when I accessed my slave HD, the anime folder is all gone! Although it was gone, I check the details of my 40 GB HD... it said that I've used up 32GB and all my mp3s is about 16GB so the 16GB of animes (which I just recently got) are all gone...

I first used the folder option to check if the folder became hidden but there was no sign... I tried using the search option but it not one of the filenames I've typed showed up. Can somebody tell me what I should do?

·
Registered
254 Posts
What system file are you using? FAT or NTFS?
It's like your folder is there but is not listed in the index, you shuld try to search for a program that looks to your HDD without using windows' explorer.

-DeathPenalty

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my slave HD is NTFS format...

ok here's an update:

I tried bringing the HD here in the office to check the HD but the folder and files are still missing. I ran the anti-virus program to see if it was a virus or something and then I manage to see some of the missing files. It was located in something that is called "found.000"

so question is can I recover the files from that folder since it won't show up even if you enable the show all hidden files?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I suggest to look for an undelete program that works on NTFS file system, your folder it's probably still there, just DONT'T WRITE ANYTHING ON YOUR HDD because it may overwrite some files.
If some recovery programs find your files it will "save" them on another disk.
Try searching some programs around the net and do some tries.

-DeathPenalty

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
The found.*** files are probably caused by chkdsk recovering lost files. If you did run it after your hard drive problem, you can try changing it to movie file and see if it works.
But don't run chkdsk if you haven't!! Better try a disk recovering utility first.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

woah... just out of the blue and frustration searching over the net and nothing on what I type showed a possible solution, I tried accessing the files via ms dos to see if the files are all there and yes, the files are all there...

out of boredom, I tried to access our office network by using run optino and then I thought, why don't I try using the run command? so I typed g://found.000 and THERE! I've accessed the files and recovered it all (Thank God)

well I guess if you guys would have this kind of files missing problem and it was located in the found.000, use the run option. thanks to everyone who replied.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Glad you solved your problem :thumb:.

-DeathPenalty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.