Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FMVs do not scale to fill the game window regardless of its size. The entire FMV is there, but there's a black bar to the left of it and above it. Here's a shot from the intro FMV to illustrate:

I tried ePSXe 1.6.0, sssPSX 0.0.26 and PSXeven 0.19 with the same results.
I tried every imaginable setting in Peops Soft, Pete's DX6 D3D, Pete's OGL 1.76, and Pete's OGL2 2.7 without any discernable difference.

The FMVs worked in Lewpy's Glide 1.40, but it has other problems that preclude using it to play (including that I don't have a 3DFX card, and Lewpy's performance is awful with Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper).

However, trying it in Lewpy's GPU gave me a clue as to what's going on. Most of the game has an internal resolution of 320x224, which the plugins all know how to deal with:

But the FMVs all have a resolution of 224x192:

While the Playstation knows how to stretch them (at least mine does it properly), none of the plugins but Lewpy's do.

I've searched the forums and found this problem mentioned before, but never a solution. I can live with the oddly-sized FMVs, but I'd prefer to get it working properly if I can. Does anyone know a combination of GPU and settings that corrects this problem?

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
you ahve the lunar special fix on right.. and did you try the "expand screen width" fix? well you said you tried everything but still making sure. i dont have the game so i cant test it :/

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes (fix black screens in lunar) and yes (expand screen width for fighting games) and before you ask, yes i had the special game fixes checkbox checked. No effect on this problem.

Glad you asked, though. Forgetting to turn those on would be the kind of careless error I'd be prone to make.

Dan

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Searching was the first thing I did, and it did not reveal that link. Interesting.

If my Lunar had the offset (actually that's a misnomer - it's really a scaling problem. The image is smaller than it should be, and then right- and bottom-justified, and no part of the FMV is cut off) on both my Playstation and in emulation, I'd let it go.

But I'm using the same disk in both environments, and emulation has the problem while the Playstation does not.

There is another indication that this is a feature of the Playstation (or at least some of them) that's incompletely implemented in GPU plugins: The FMVs display properly with Lewpy's Glide GPU plugin.

I may post over in Pete's forums about it.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.