1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive a problem with my FMVs.

ingame play is GREAT!
using Pete's OpenGL 1.52 and Iori 1.48 Pete's CDR

From MEtal Gear Solid, to International Superstar Soccer/Winning Eleven, the introductory and Ingame Movie sequences are EXTREMELY Jerky.... need help :(

most movies scenes are vital to the games i play, to get a jist of the storyline..... I heard its partly the problem of the current version ePSXe. but do ALL FMVs that u guys play run badly?

ALL of my FMVs run very jerkyly :(

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I don't have problems with fmvs running. What are your system specs? You may need to turn on unfiltered mdecs to get them to run more smoothly? You may want to experiment with turning on/off mdec timings though that shouldn't be causing a problem.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try Pete's d3d, try Pete's sw, make sure you're running the latest nvidia drivers. Try limiting the speed of the cd-rom to 2x or 4x if possible. Try an iso as well.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
Try Pete's d3d, try Pete's sw, make sure you're running the latest nvidia drivers. Try limiting the speed of the cd-rom to 2x or 4x if possible. Try an iso as well.
Also make sure you DON'T have Frame Skip turned on.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I disagree, his system seems fast enough to run mdecs at fullspeed with or without frameskip with or without unfiltered mdecs checked.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by MrMuteEar
still jerks as if there's a sound skip every few seconds :( during fmvs
Have you tried using an ISO? Seems a bit like a CD-ROM problem...

[]s Badaro

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
Ah yes! I had this problem with FF9. The problem was that I was running a PAL game at 60fps, and because the MDECs were timed at 50fps, the video was going too fast for the audio and consequently it had to skip a small bit of sound every few seconds or so. Try limiting your frame rate to 50fps or if it feels that it should be going faster than this, stick it back up to 60fps and Force NTSC mode instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts