Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I don't think there's enough space on that measly cartridge to hold an FMV. 256Mbit (which translates to 32Megabyte).... naaah.... you'll prolly end up with a minute of FMV.... without any game code whatsoever :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
There is only one game with FMVs on N64,and it's Resident Evil 2,all the FMVs are included,which is somewhat incredible!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
There is only one game with FMVs on N64,and it's Resident Evil 2,all the FMVs are included,which is somewhat incredible!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Either that or there's an incredible amount of spaced space on the re2 cd ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL
thus n64 support them currently i dont see any FMV from n64 like the intro on psx
it doesnt support em like psx does....lack of space;cartridges arent really suitable for it.

yes, they're there in resident evil 2, though the quality is less good than on psx (from what I've heard).

The big advantage of the cartridges is of course the loading time...and an intro like in ridge racer 64, you cant do that easily on a psx.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Just found out that RE2 is 512Mbits (64MB) in size... one of the largest N64 cartridge size, if not the largest one. Also, they must do some kind of crazy compression in there, in order to fit everything into that cart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts