Next Generation Emulation banner

FMV Sync

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  I-Chan 
#1 ·
I am having alot of problems with epsxe and FMV in Xenogears and Parrapa the Rappa, and Tomba. The sound for the FMV is off always by a few seconds, and Rappa videos stop after a few seconds, while sound still works and I can go ahead to the next gameplay part. my config is like the first pic of http://www.lordkane.co.uk/epsxeconfigs.php Except I have Screen smoothing on. My config is fast Radeon 9700 Pro, 2.4 Ghz PIV and 512 Ram. Please help. Running from self made Iso's that are confirmed to be perfect copies.

#2 ·
Well, what sound card or sound chip are you using? Not that it really matters, but it could be a driver issue or a direct X issue. In my opinion, it is either a program that is running in the background that is effecting emulation or misconfigure spu plugin that is not asyncing to the video output. Put simply, you have the machine, you have the iso which is not requiring the cd plugins and you have the video plugin configured well provided it really looks like the affermentioned picture. The video + sound issue on your machine would mean that either frame skipping is on or you not limiting frame rate. The self made iso's could be and issue. I use isoproducer with pete's cd plugin. This gives me an undeniable 1:1 copy as it is the same plugin I use to run cd's on the emulator.

#8 ·
if you are using fps limit set to auto, might have to do with the sound plugin. Have you tried eternal? Configure it to use spuasync in smooth mode. How do you play the isos? Do you use the internal iso loader, mooby's cd plugin, a virtual drive...?

#15 ·
But cannot produce a 1:1 image as alcohol120% or clonecd. For protected media like games, it makes a huge difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.