Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran in to my first problem with ePSXe today, and it seems to be an issue with a FMV sequence in FF7, on the second disc.

~Semi spoiler~

I'm at the part where Tifa is in Cloud's subconscious after Weapon destroys the town that Cloud washed up on. What happens is that once a FMV sequence starts...

...this happens. I get those weird, distorted looking colors all over my screen, then shortly after, the emulator will freeze.

I've tried different video plugins, different settings for different video plugins, different sound plugins, different settings for the sound plugins.

I also tried looking through the forum to see if I could find anyone with a similar problem to mine, but wasn't able to. I was wondering if anyone knew what the cause of the issue could be :X?

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
The glichy graphics are normal. They occur when a full 3D scene transitions to an FMV.

Have you tried using the P.E.Op.S. graphics plugin? Maybe perhaps psx (different emulator)?

Other than that, you may have to redump that disc.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
ive had this problem myself with FF9, just make a new image (maybe try a different format) and if you do it right it should correct the freezing.

but as masta.g.86 said, the weird distortions are normal, they should stop after a few seconds into any cutscene.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I haven't had that occur on any game other than FF7. The transitions to FMV sequences have always been smooth (for FF9 and Chrono Trigger anyway). But yeah, I tried every video plugin that came preinstalled on ePSXe 1.7.0. Nothing seemed to make a difference.

I'll go ahead and try to get past that part on PSX, and see if that works. If not, I guess I'll have to rerip the disc.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.