Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This is my first post.
I'm a newbie and I would like to now how do i solve the problem with flickering textures, because I have it with most games.
Thanks

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I'm Italian :eyespin:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
you mean like, polygons jumping around? the only thing you can do is just put the resolution lower...it's caused by the PSX not having subpixel accuracy, therefore when something moves 1 pixel at 320x240 (native res) it looks normal, but when you are running at 640x480 or 1280x960 or whatever, it has to jump 2 to 3 times the original distance and looks bizarre.

so play at a low res (i.e. 640x480) or just learn to live with it ;)

ummm....unless you are talking about something else? perhaps like textures in the ground or on a character flickering? in that case, change/turn off texture filtering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it is a PSX general problem, but I hoped epsxe could have a fix to this.
However, thanks, playing at 640x480 it is mostly resolved :agree:

If u want to know I'm playing epsxe under Linux (Gentoo 2004.0) ;) because Linux ROCKS and Windows SUCKS at all :thumb:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
i dont think it matters whether you are playing on linux or windows, but i've never used it under linux....soooo i wouldnt know.

I know it is a PSX general problem, but I hoped epsxe could have a fix to this.
nah, no way man, sorry. it's a hardware limitation, nothing that any emulator can fix (similar to the PSX's lack of Z buffering as well)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
im not, i just felt like saying something silly in my user title :p

but, it's a tiny tiny jab at me not liking linux (well for now anyway. i read that they are finally deciding to stick to the same set of standards...but in the meantime linux pisses me off ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts