Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting some weird texture issues with the emulator. I fired up Kingdom Hearts II (works perfectly!) and Silent Hill 4. I don't know the exact term for this, so I'll just put up some screenshots.

Strangely, this issue is not present in FFXII, at least as far as I can see.

Please help me as soon as possible, because I really want to try out KHII. Looks gorgeous.

And on the subject, what do the interlacing options do, and which one if any is the most recommended?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The beta I used was r877. It's been the most stable emulator I've tried yet, although I haven't tried 0.9.6 yet.

The emulator had a "Logarithmic Z" option, which managed to erase the weird shader effect, but the game now suffered from disappearing textures, like the roads on the floor, the signs in houses, and flowers. It's not nearly as bad as the previous problem, but now I wonder how I can remove it entirely.

I've also gotten a couple of audio issues. In DQVIII, the voices sound slightly garbled, but it's a much bigger problem in ZOE2, where every time someone speaks the game slows to a crawl.

Can the plugins you linked be used on the beta that I'm using, or does it have to be the specific one linked?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, DX10 definitely did the trick. It removes all the issues I had before.

But now I have some questions relating to getting the best image quality along with performance. This is all still done with r877.

I set the D3D internal res to 1920x1080. By doing this, KHII looks phenomenal. However, it also started to chug quite a bit.

So I then messed around with the speed hacks included in the beta.

This improves the speed greatly, but I still get some bits of slowdown when running around town. I also get these large black holes in the ground.

Final Fantasy X, on the other hand, runs perfectly with no issues whatsoever, with the exception of a weird one: during battles, some characters or enemies are facing the opposite direction.

Final Fantasy XII, though, is pretty much slow most of the time.

So, what settings, plugins, or other changes can I do to keep the wonderful 1920x1080 resolution, but also have the games run at full speed? Should I change the internal res to something more stable? Or is there an SVN build that's more stable than r877?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.