Speedhacks:
EE Cyclerate - -1
VU Cycle Stealing - 0
INTC Spin Detection - Enabled
mVU Flag Hack - Enabled
Wait Loop Detection - Enabled
Fast CDVD - Disabled
MTVU - Enabled

Checked the Compatibility List, it said the game is playable.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Switch to software rendering [F9], that should hopefully fix the rendering of non static items.

Also I usually go by the PCSX2 wiki and there was no confirmed settings or versions for flatout 2.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
yea playable, to the pcsx2 team, means it starts... 24 the game is listed as playable... it's like 8 fps even on the BEST hardware though

·
Registered
238 Posts
That is why the pcsx2 wiki is nice (when it has someone who has tested the game)

It gives the version of pcsx2 used, the basics of the testers hardware, and general info about performance and common issues (like invisible cars).

·
Registered IT crowd
676 Posts
PCSX2 1.4.0
EE/IOP - Default
VUs - Default
Speedhacks:
EE Cyclerate - -1
VU Cycle Stealing - 0
INTC Spin Detection - Enabled
mVU Flag Hack - Enabled
Wait Loop Detection - Enabled
Fast CDVD - Disabled
MTVU - Enabled

Checked the Compatibility List, it said the game is playable.
GIve OGL renderer a try as well as latest GIT versions

yea playable, to the pcsx2 team, means it starts... 24 the game is listed as playable... it's like 8 fps even on the BEST hardware though
nope.
It means it means you can complete the game without blocking glitch.
And your informations about 24 the game are clearly outdated.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
actually, no..even the devs on the official pcsx2 forum will tell you, playable doesn't mean playable to the end or no glitches, it means the game will launch..
as for 24 the game, as of about a month ago (Last time I loaded it) is was still not playable,,, same issues it has had for years... 8 fps or so and glitchy directional map

*****EDIT*****
just went and loaded it up... woohoo.. fps has increased to 10-11 fps...all modes, Dx11,9 and Ogl as well as software......tis all I will say on that subject cause I dont wanna hijack the thread..lol

·
Registered IT crowd
676 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
don't see anything there that really is in disagreement with my statement...
semantics only... stuff is claimed playable that realistically isn't even close

my statement is pretty much derived from that threads full discussion(start to finish)...
stuff like "Playable = you can get from the beginning to the end (this does not include speed of the game)
This does not mean every side mission/path will work, but you can get to the end of the game in some way"
which again is semantics...if every side mission/path won't work, then it's not 100% entirely possible to get to the end, so end credits are not guaranteed... (not actually tested cause it would mean someone having to sit down, play a 10 fps game to the end to verify, which is not conceivably gonna happen)

·
Registered IT crowd
676 Posts
i get your point, but it's also far from your limited statement
yea playable, to the pcsx2 team, means it starts
This statement applies to every other status in the compatibility list except "nothing"

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
i get your point, but it's also far from your limited statement
This statement applies to every other status in the compatibility list except "nothing"
not really, my statement is pretty accurate...every game that starts they list as playable, then they add caveats (glitches, etc...) ... it's semantics as I said...their Idea of playable is getting it to boot up and go in game... from the gamers point of view if the fps is low or there are unplayable levels or glitches that make it hard to get through, that's not playable...
I am not knocking the team nor the program at all...it's incredible that it works as well as it does....I just disagree with their decision to list them playable, when realistically they aren't by real world standards (And it isn't a lot of games I've ran across either... a good 98% I have tried run perfectly)

Currently the biggest issue with the emu is the EE emulation...games with low fps use 100% EE (35% real PC CPU) for me..switching to the super micro (Legacy recompiler) speed is better, so likely it's simply some bugs in the new recompiler engine and will eventually get fixed

·
Registered IT crowd
676 Posts
Still. a game taht only starts, is listed as "menus" in the compatibility list.
One bootable + going ingame with too much glitches to be playable would be listed as "ingame".
as long as it's understood, I guess you know where you're going

That said, I have to admit you're right about 24 the game, it's demanding. I couldn't get better than 40 fps without speedhacks

But it's far from the unplayable 13 fps you've been talking about

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think the major issue is the inconsistent way that PCSX2 compatibility is documented compared to Dolphin. Very few games are listed with the current version (or sometimes even 2 or 4 back).

This is really not the devolpers fault. It really should be shared by the community who enjoys the emulator. This would also help out a lot of people with game specific questions.

·
Registered IT crowd
676 Posts
It really should be shared by the community who enjoys the emulator. This would also help out a lot of people with game specific questions.
it actually is shared.
Creating a thread in the compatibility list forum creates an entry in the compatibility list on the main website

·
Registered
1 Posts
All that talking about developing games is cool and all that but my question is: how do I get my texture issue on FlatOut 2 solved? '-' lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts