Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else thinks they're just as bad, if not worse then traditional popups?

I absolutely hate when I'm typing something or reading something on a website, when this bloody nasty java or flash popup plops itself right in the middle of the screen. I guess popup developers are getting more creative these days with the recent IE6 popup blocker and all. It doesn't block these popups because they're Java and Flash.

God damn popups. :angry:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I thought nothing culd block those flash ads. Yes I agree, they are the most annoying things in the world. They seem to pollute gaming sites especially. Like IGN and Gamespot. Oh dear god it frustrates me!

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
i disable flash in IE with SP2

·
Registered
822 Posts
As Val mentioned Firefox + Adblock will be the best solution, I visit IGN and Gamespot on occassion and nothing pops up (just a lot of flashes due to the blocker working).

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
So it does indeed block those flash popups 100%? Eh who am I kidding. I can't stand Firefox's layout.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm... I think I'll give this Firefox another chance with the plugin. Thanks guys.:)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Firefox rules man, i havent had a single pop up since i started using it.
Go for it!!!

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
I visit gamespot and IGN frequently, but have never had a flash popupon any site. (I can't get java popups because I never wasted my time installing the java plugin for firefox. I hate java.)
For you IE lovers, there's at least one skin, and I think there's also an extension, to make firefox look more like IE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts