Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEFORE THIS THREAD GETS CLOSED AGAIN let me say that I actually DO own a copy of FF7--three copies of it, in fact. I can provide pictures if proof is needed. I will put myself in the frame wearing a funny hat and doing something humiliating if anyone needs proof that the pictures are mine. I'm running it from an image file because I was too lazy to learn how to rip it myself. SO THERE IS A CERTAIN DEGREE OF LEGALITY INVOLVED HERE. IF I COULD JUST GET HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM THAT WOULD BE NICE.

I apologize for my original post. The citation of the source of the particular image file I'm using was intended to provide information that might enable someone to look at it and say, "Oh, well, no wonder, the image file you're using is flawed." But anyway.

I've been playing FF7 on ePSXe from an image file. It runs absolutely fine. Sometimes, though, I'd like to play it and listen to some other music on my computer, so I disable the sound on the emulator. When I do that, the game screws up. Here's an example: when I start the game with the sound off, it won't move past the opening screen that says "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents." If I use the load state function to bypass that, it will run fine until I get into a battle or walk through a door into a different area. It won't move past the black loading screen. So, the problem seems to be that the game can't load new screens or switch into a different mode (i.e. switch to battle mode from world map mode) without the sound enabled. This isn't that big of a problem per se, but I'm interested to know if there is a solution or if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

In case it's relevant, I'm using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77 for graphics and Eternal SPU 1.50 for sound.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.