Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am rather confused.

First, when I open my rom it instantly loads. No white screen.

Two, as to what save file you mean. Do you mean the--

Pokemon Fire Red USA.sav | 64 KB
or
Pokemon Fire Red USA1.sgm | 68 KB

Because it seems to me you mean the first, but I can't load it. Mainly, when I open the, "Load game." there is nothing in the folder to load.

So this basically breaks the whole... getting to a next step.

Edit: Okay, so I read it closer and it seems you mean the .sgm, however when I got to save the game as a 128K it doesn't work. :[

Edit 2: I will be back in 30-1 hour. D=

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same issue as most people here :(
I'm playing fire red, but i can't save the file in-game.
I tryed the guide posted on the forum but it wouldn't work and when i tryed it with leaf green it said something like "can't load save file, it's fire red"

so I was hoping someone could help me out here :heh:

I got (2) .SGM files wich I saved using the VBA save... option while the save settings where automatic and 64K

Gr. Martijn

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have tried this method a couple of times now and I can't make it work. Maybe it's because I have the spanish version of the rom, but i dont know.

My problem is with step 8, the In-game save doesn't work properly as it tells me that I have to replace the battery or something. I'm not able to tell you Exactly what's the message I get, because it's in spanish.

Even thought i got that error message I kept completing the steps, but in the end, I only get a blank game. I can save, but i don't want to lose my progress.

An approximate tanslation of the error message is: "Error while saving. Change the security memory".

I hope you can help me :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.

I have the same problem like few members actually posted. I'm playing Pokemon Shiny Gold version (it's a mod based on Pokemon Fire Red). When making the 8th point of Your tutorial, game informs me about memory backup error.

Here is my save:

Pokemon - Fire Red2.sg1

If you cant help me in few days, i'll try to use gameshark codes to get my pokes back... BTW:Can you write here/pm me about gameshark code for creating specified poke with spec. lvl in box and fastexp?

Yours,
Deep.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
not specifically, we've come across some other save related bugs that need addressing before this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm using Fire red and VBA 1.80. I followed the steps and at step 8 I still got the save error, however it still created a 128K save file that I successfully imported as battery file. At step 12 however, is where it failed, it didn't give me any error message and it simply loaded the game as if I was starting a new game...and I saw the side note on how you said that fire red can be fixed with a Leaf Green Rom, but when i tried using that rom it just said that the save file was not compatible, could you post specifics on how to use Leaf Green to fix fire red save data?

·
Registered
1 Posts
well,i got the same problem,i made a new folder, just transferred the FireRed GBA File to that folder (away from the LeafGreen GBA file) and i could save my game....if only i thought of this before....

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Leaf Green works fine, so maybe it can help?

My LeafGreen works fine, but unfortunately my FireRed doesn't. I don't know if it'll help or not, but I've attached my working LG and all associated data. Also note that my LG worked even before setting my save type to 128k. However it does say that my save is corrupted, it still goes on to load my current save and even does the recent events thing.

Pokemon - Leaf Green # GBA.zip
Pokemon - Leaf Green # GBA1.sgm
Pokemon - Leaf Green # GBA.sav

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm stuck at step 17, it is not reading any corrupt files and just skips right along to the instructions (starting a new game)
A few quick notes (maybe where I messed up):

Step 5: Never got a white screen. I don't think this would necessarily be bad, but I thought I'd mention it.

Step 8: I think this is where I had the error. When I saved in-game, it told me that saving would erase the other save data (which there was none anyway, which I thought was confusing). Anyway, when I hit yes and it said SAVING DO NOT TURN OF THE POWER (or whatever it says) It told me to replace the battery, the same problem it seems everyone else was having. However, I still got the 128KB save file, so I was still able to procceed.

Was the game supposed to save in-game successfully? I'd really appreciate help. I have a save file just before starting the Elite Four (I'd actually beat them already, just that I accidentally saved all the way up untill the battle with Gary, so even if I loaded those I couldn't get an in-game save before the end credits)
Again, help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have pokemon red (not fireRed) and i hav a .sav file with all of my progress and no .sgm file. How do i load it up if it doesn't load automatically?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think i found what to do, but theres a catch

re-download the emulator so that u get the white screen again, or go in your folder and delete the save files, everybody got it the 1st time. After you try to save it goes away and stops coming, once you start a game and try to save when it gave you the white screen, even if you change it to flash 128k, that game will never save right. start a new game, as if you just got the emulator, change it to 128k before the white screen comes up, and it wont come up, and the game will be perfectly fine. but you cant use your old saved games, i know it sucks but its pretty fast getting back to where you were w/ vba link instead of a gameboy so its no big whoop.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
and thats not the point of this thread..... though the point of this thread is long gone as there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it............

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem as everyone else.I have a fire red rom and after beating the elite four i can't continue because i can't save the game in the game.i followed the steps but when i got to step 8 i couldn't save the game and i got this error about my Battery i ignored it at first because i saw a SAV file created and continued following the steps untill i got to step 16 where i couldn't load the SAV file.I am new at this so can sb help me??

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did all of the things i was supposed to do and it worked but when i quit
and played fire red the next day i got the 1m circut board is not installed
what caused this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cant get through step 9... I get an error while saving in-game, is that the expected behavior?
In the next steps, when i try to load the battery file, it comes with no save within.

Any ideia about how to fix this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I know I'm necro-ing this thread (wait, can you even necro a sticky? oO) but I wanted to see if there are any news on this. I specifically made an account here just to address this issue, as I just got the save error also, and I want to make sure, is there really no way to fix it? I spent quite a few hours playing the game and it would be a pain in the a** to start a new game.
So, are you guys still looking for a fix, or did you give up?

I'm playing FireRed, by the way. I've also attached my save state, in case you still need it.

I'd love to hear back from you. Preferably good news, but anything is fine. :)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts