Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
What are you system specifications

What are your plug-in configurations?

We can't help without those, but otherwise, saying "it's slow" often means configurations issues and/or too slow a system.

I see you're using a graphics plug-in with no SSE2 (an Athlon XP perhaps?). This could only mean you selected it without knowing, or that your CPU lacks SSE2, which means it's an Athlon XP (or older). PCSX2 needs alot of CPU power, so the results you're getting are probably about in line with what you have. You really need a dual core CPU (Core 2 or Athlon X2 or better), and a fast one at that, for full speed in many games in PCSX2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Those images load unbearably slow (I gave up on the second one). That's typical Imageshack.

What about your GPU? is it an add on video card, or an integrated solution. If it's the latter, that's what's hurting your speed. Otherwise, your CPU won't give you full speed in most games anyway. It's a dual core CPU, but compared to the load of CPU power PCSX2 needs, it's a relatively slow one.

In other words, both your CPU and GPU (if it's integrated, that is), thus your setup as a whole, aren't going to do much better. Start by using the SSE2 plug-in. It'll possibly net some speed in cases where the CPU is the bottleneck, but if that's an integrated GPU, your results are probably where they should be, so there won't be much you can do.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Have you tired my suggestion? Press F5 until it's gone. It really looks like interpolation......

PS. In my system, no matter what setting I use in ZeroGS, it always ends up with interpolation and had to disable it manually by pressing F5. :)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
As I said, your CPU and possibly GPU are just too weak to get full speed in most games in PCSX2. That looks like an OEM/name brand basic configuration. Therefore, I'm guessing it has an onboard GPU (no video card). If so, that's why it's so slow. Past that, the CPU isn't too ideal either anyway. Pressing F5 disabled interpolation. Interpolation was never what was causing the slowness, so disabling that won't speed it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.