Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got final fantasy 9 from a friend and it is running good but the sound is messed. I am using the iori direct sound driver like you suggested and the music is perfect in the game, but the sound effects are not. When you first start a new game and your on the boat, the wind is all messed up as well as the ocean sounds. What is the best settings for iori's plugin? Could you upload me yours so I could see what its set at? Thanks again man, and I hope to hear from you soon.

[email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I figured the sound out. Now my only problem is when the movie is playing it freezes after awhile for like 5secs and then begins to play again. It does this a few times throughout the movie. Any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It may be your cdrom, have u tried running from an iso ?

Also, make sure u don't have spu irq activated in both the plugins and the epsxe options, it's better to activate it onlu in the plugins config (i was having a problem with that).

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Yeah.. It runs fine off of the cd(we have different cd rom drives though).. A little stutter before fights.. But its very short.. 1/2 a second maybe less.. It could be a scratched cd.. Check for scratches on the cd.. If there is, then try running the game as an iso..

I heard from some people that the Eternal Spu works pretty good with FF9 too.. Haven't tried it myself since Iori's works fine..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts